Error messages on startup see video

tony powell

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
My 2022 Mg zs ev has developed a fault where at startup it shows that a number of features are not working including cruise control, collision avoidance etc,,, I have uploaded a video to youtube

I would be grateful for any suggestions. I am travelling from Scotland to France at the moment and all the MG dealers can’t see me for at least a week

Last edited by a moderator:
This happened to me yesterday. I have the mark 1 version. I called MGAssist and they came, disconnected the 12v battery, waited 5mins, reconnected and everything is now fine. A 10mm spanner is the answer!

I have a similar problem with my MG ZS EV Exclusive; no ACC and all the other associated functions.
The fault was initially intermittent but now is constant on start up. Booked into Frasers (Falkirk) in a couple of weeks (took a month to obtain booking). Will update with result

Similar thing happened to me, AA disconnected the 12v battery for 5 minutes and when reconnected everything was reset.

The answer is a simple one. If the infotainment system doesn’t load up quick enough, you get these errors. As soon as the screen comes on these features are available again.

Went to an MG garage in Brest - the radar sensor had become dislodged. (or maybe was not correctly installed in the factory). They are also doing a recalibration and software update.

It's happened to me a couple of times and each time it happened, the infotainment system was very slow to boot up, once booted all alarms cleared and systems functioned as normal.

Beginning to wonder if MG should not have built this car with this feature installed from factory.

1aa49703-1aea-4466-9632-56089d187177_1.da7b0c1aedcbbb9a6de6c4cdf507a266.jpeg

Further to my Post above; First visit to Frasers after 2 week wait I find out this is just a cursory look?, I have to book another visit for further investigation. 3 weeks later I am informed the radar sensor is faulty - may have been caused by light collision to front bumper ?car park hit and disappear?
I think I was quoter a couple of hundred pounds to remove bumper and investigate further also warranty would not cover this. I would have to contact insurance if not prepared to pay £1100-£1200 for repair. I pleaded with the repairs reception guy, who was really decent, and he said they would have another look. Received a call couple of hours later and was informed "all fixed", price - £90 for time to replace loose wire! I have had the MG just under 3 years and completed 27000 miles of very happy motoring with very few glitches, just the usual radio freezing etc., but this sort of thing worries me for the future. I like many others have been waiting for a new Trophy LR with the uncertainty of when it will arrive so I have now cancelled, sold my MG, and purchased a HYUNDAI Kona Ultimate. I will remain in the group as I think it is one of the best informed in general for EV's.
Happy driving.
PS so far the Kona is amazing!!!

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom