EV Charge Meter App

Dr Dave

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
My Son and I have just launched a charge meter app on the playstore. Easy to use tool to estimate the range available when an electric vehicle battery is charging. The app is optimised for use with the MG ZS EV but will work with most electric vehicles.

'EV Charge Meter'

Make sure to calibrate to your car in settings to ensure accuracy.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-02-09-15-03-33-198_com.google.android.apps.photos~2.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-02-09-15-03-33-198_com.google.android.apps.photos~2.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 247
  • Screenshot_2021-02-09-15-06-24-560_com.google.android.apps.photos~2.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-02-09-15-06-24-560_com.google.android.apps.photos~2.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 220
  • Screenshot_2021-02-09-15-06-44-411_com.google.android.apps.photos~2.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-02-09-15-06-44-411_com.google.android.apps.photos~2.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 205
My Son and I have just launched a charge meter app on the playstore. Easy to use tool to estimate the range available when an electric vehicle battery is charging. The app is optimised for use with the MG ZS EV but will work with most electric vehicles.

'EV Charge Meter'

Make sure to calibrate to your car in settings to ensure accuracy.
Looks like it could be quite a handy app. I'll have to test it.

I've noticed, in the photo it shows a percentage above the miles but in the app the percentage appears to be missing.

The percentage would be handy for other EV drivers.

Maybe an option to tweek the miles per kwh.

Last edited:

I've noticed, in the photo it shows a percentage above the miles but in the app the percentage appears to be missing.

Very interested to hear your feedback if it works....

Percentage only appears once the 'Start' button is pressed and the algorithms make the calculations. (Photo is of early layout artwork, not the V1.6 release)

Very useful - I would like a 3 KW/h and 50 KW/h charging rate option as well. Actually, it would be useful to have the charging rate as a number I can type in, as if I have to use my granny cable I tend to get 2.5 KW/h instead of the full 3...
While I'm thinking about it an estimated time left value would be good as well!

No real need for 3 KW/h option as granny charging is usually at home and you can easily check the cars charging progress. Looking into time left value for v2.0.

Hopefully if I get feedback from users of the app more features can be added.

No real need for 3 KW/h option as granny charging is at home and you can easily check the cars charging progress. Looking into time left value for v2.0.

Hopefully if I get feedback from users of the app more features can be added.
I would use it all the time as I wouldn't have to keep going outside to check!

This app is an estimation based upon calculations..which can have it uses especially if your mental arithmetic is poor.

It not a live reading and doesn't take into account fluctuations in charging speed e.g if you have load balancer.

Until MG has internet connectivity the app works as a stopgap solution. So far it has worked very well for me.

Percentage only appears once the 'Start' button is pressed and the algorithms make the calculations.
That makes sense.

I checked it for my MG5. I put the battery capacity as 49kWh and the range as 185 miles and it calculated the battery percentage exactly. When I charge next I'll test how accurate it is. Looks good though.

Am I correct in thinking the MG ZS EV doesn't show the battery percentage like the MG5 or other EVs? It may make sense to show the calculated percentage at all times as other cars use percentage as much as the GOM.

It would also be handy to be able to tweak the miles per kWh profiles in the settings.

That makes sense.

I checked it for my MG5. I put the battery capacity as 49kWh and the range as 185 miles and it calculated the battery percentage exactly. When I charge next I'll test how accurate it is. Looks good though.

Am I correct in thinking the MG ZS EV doesn't show the battery percentage like the MG5 or other EVs? It may make sense to show the calculated percentage at all times as other cars use percentage as much as the GOM.

It would also be handy to be able to tweak the miles per kWh profiles in the settings.
Great to hear feedback for MG5 particularly the calculation of the correct battery percentage.

That makes sense.

You are correct it disappointingly doesn’t, we’ve asked for the old range button to be a percentage of battery display, but no-one has listened to the suggestions yet..

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom