EV Charger/ MG5 causing solar inverter not to start

Rahulkaks

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Hello all, I am new to EV s and home charging.
We have a peculiar problem since getting the home charger installed (Indra Pioneer). Our car is MG5 LR and had been charging pretty well to 100% on a granny charger with no electric faults or tripping of any fuses.

However, we had an INDRA Pioneer 7 kw installed a couple of weeks ago by efaraday. Since then whenever the car is charged to 100% ( which is typically left to charge into the night) we notice that in the morning our solar inverter for the PV array does NOT start on it's own and we loose out on the solar generation. This had never happened before the EV charger installation.

The only way to get the inverter started is by putting the INDRA charger RCD in the fuse box down and restarting the "whole" solar array as it were by turning off the DC and AC switches and turning them back on.

The questions I have are-

Is the car "sending" a surge back Via the Indra when 100% charged, that the inverter then detects and trips it?

Is there a fault with the INDRA charger and should it prevent this?

I can't seem to find a way to remotely restrict the charge on the Mg5 to less than 100%to prevent this from happening? If anyone knows a different way please help?

All the above means that we are now not able to leave the car to get charged to 100% and disconnect it before going to bed and this not ideal. We have gone back to granny charging the car if we feel that the charging has to go on overnight.

Apologies for the long post but we feel that the EV Charger has created a problem for us that didn't exist before!

Can you or your installer interrogate the Indra?
Does it have an event log?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom