Nstric

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Can we have a good rant about the pitfalls of EV life. I for one find it really annoying when you’re waiting for someone to finish using a 50KW+ charger, and they’ve decided to sit in their car until 100%, even though they’re barely pulling 4KW over 90%, and there’s a whole bank of AC chargers further along. I waited 45 minutes for someone on a pod point to hit 85% from nearly empty, then another 45 minutes to top it off after that.

And the South West. What a pain. We’re relocating to Dorset and the council explicitly doesn’t allow street charging, and their Mer carpark chargers are few and far between, and I’ve yet to find one that isn’t out of order. I just think that given there’s a whole thing about electric vehicles and green energy, to be a mostly rural county and say “We’re not putting in chargers, and you’re not allowed to charge on the street outside your own home either, cable protector or not” is just super crappy.

Last edited:
Can we have a good rant about the pitfalls of EV life. I for one find it really annoying when you’re waiting for someone to finish using a 50KW+ charger, and they’ve decided to sit in their car until 100%, even though they’re barely pulling 4KW over 90%, and there’s a whole bank of AC chargers further along. I waited 45 minutes for someone on a pod point to hit 85% from nearly empty, then another 45 minutes to top it off after that.

And the South West. What a pain. We’re relocating to Dorset and the council explicitly doesn’t allow street charging, and their Mer carpark chargers are few and far between, and I’ve yet to find one that isn’t out of order. I just think that given there’s a whole thing about electric vehicles and green energy, to be a mostly rural county and say “We’re not putting in chargers, and you’re not allowed to charge on the street outside your own home either, cable protector or not” is just super crappy.
Moreover they would rather have dirty diesel pumps than EV charging points

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom