EV JAMES AND KATE MG5 LR 20 K MILES UPDATE

Seems quite fair.. TBH I don't really notice/worry about things like the "speedo flicking between 30 & 31..." (probably a rounding setting :)), and I love the ride, but I'm biased towards "soft" having had a few of the hydropneumatic Citroens. The only thing I'd agree with (sadly) is the headlights; even with the Osram Nightbreaker upgrade, I personally think they're quite poor compared to the majority of cars I've owned......

..Could be my eyes, tho' :ROFLMAO:....

1645460997331.png

Very fair review. My only major negative so far, after almost 1000 miles, is the charging flap is flimsy and there is no light or external indicator on the car that it is definitely charging. My 30kw Leaf was far superior as there was a light and and dashboard indicator so you could easily see that the car was charging.

Very fair review. My only major negative so far, after almost 1000 miles, is the charging flap is flimsy and there is no light or external indicator on the car that it is definitely charging. My 30kw Leaf was far superior as there was a light and and dashboard indicator so you could easily see that the car was charging.
Well if that's your only negative, that's not bad is it ? :) But is that really a MAJOR negative or just a minor point?

Hi
Just watched this video from James on his Mg5 20k update sounds like it’s a proper little work horse
😃👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻
CHEERS JAMES

Brilliant review from James & Kate as usual; very reassuring for those who have bought, or intend to buy an MG5; not many people are going to be as hard on their car as he is! James said that he charges the car to 100% most days which I understand is not ideal for battery longevity, so I would love to know what the current state of his battery health is. Someone queried this on his youtube channel, but he hasn’t responded as yet. Come on James, it will be a good indicator of how long these batteries are going to last!

Brilliant review from James & Kate as usual; very reassuring for those who have bought, or intend to buy an MG5; not many people are going to be as hard on their car as he is! James said that he charges the car to 100% most days which I understand is not ideal for battery longevity, so I would love to know what the current state of his battery health is. Someone queried this on his youtube channel, but he hasn’t responded as yet. Come on James, it will be a good indicator of how long these batteries are going to last!
I charge mine to 100% every night. At the 15,000 mile service which was done last week, the SOH was 100%. I'm happy with that.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom