EV mode motor whine

JABO

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
i feel my new HS emits more whinning (not the pedestrian alert sound) both when accelerating and decelerating than other EV cars, is this true for this model or have i been unlucky ?

as i stated a few days ago in another post i quite like the sound, but maybe my surroundings don't ;-)

I pick up my car the same as you there was a whinning which now seems to be less than when I got it on the 22/7/21, when the ICE cuts in it was louder. You just had yours around two week you could wait and see or go back and see the sale person and ask if will just go around the block and let him hear it and take his advice. It’s new and do not push it hard, I am still very easy on the gas pedal every thing needs to bed in and this take time.

Actually, it does seem less now than when i first got it, i think i will let it run in for a month or so until i evaluate further👍

i am too, and as long the windows are closed it's totally fine by me, but when windows are down i get a little surprised that it's quite loud.

i even think it's louder now that when i first got it :oops:

went camping recently , and had to follow the warden ( who was on his bike ) to my pitch. He said he loved the sound of the car ( I was in ev mode) as it sounded futuristic in a si-fi way

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom