EV Watchdog for MG EV

Made some changes to the website.

The general stats are now available to anyone and off course you'll see demo data if you are not logged from which you should have a notice on the left corner.

Registered users should make sure they are logged to see their own data.

1641307262355.png

1641307302184.png

Happy to know it's working now :)

About the model, the prefix of the VIN number is know as the World Manufacturer Identifier where

L* is bound to Asia
S* is bound to Europe

Hi,
Newbie here. I am also getting the unable to identify vehicle error on the free version.

MG ZS EV with VIN beginning LSJW...

The app version is I think the latest one, v1.8.2021DEC21

Any suggestions Watchdog?
Thanks

v1.9 now available!
  • Added support for Ioniq 5 RWD 58kWh.
  • Upgraded charts (Premium)
  • Added cells voltage and cells histogram charts (Premium)
  • Removed cells voltage map (Premium)
  • Several other fixes and improvements.
So the cells voltage map is now gone for the Premium App (and should be removed from the Free App on a future release) it was becoming unreadable and useless for the latest EV models with almost 2000 cells. I've then redone the charts and added a cells voltage bar chart and histogram which should be a better tool to check the status of the battery pack.

dog_net_56.jpg

FB Group: Facebook Groups
FAQ: EV Watchdog Android monitoring App

Ciao @Watchdog : ho acquistato la versione premium, ma non supporta MG ZS EV 2022, hai intenzione di aggiornare? Grazie

Edited moderator: Google translation:

Hi @Watchdog: I bought the premium version, but it doesn't support MG ZS EV 2022, are you going to upgrade? Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
So, almost done modifying the Watchdog for the MG ZS EV.

Cells map, Screens, charts all seem to be working.
View attachment 4078

Shouldn't take much to be released and available.
Wow, that is what I'd like to see for the MG5 LR too. If you need somebody with an MG5 LR to implement the same functionality, just drop me a line. I'm based in the East Midlands and would love to be able to use your app.

The new Mk 2 ZSEV uses a different protocol for communication, have you worked out which one it is? The old one was ISO 15765-4 CAN (11bit 500k baud), but this does not work for the Mk 2

The new Mk 2 ZSEV uses a different protocol for communication, have you worked out which one it is? The old one was ISO 15765-4 CAN (11bit 500k baud), but this does not work for the Mk 2

No problems with the protocol but I'm missing the VIN number (previous PID does not reply with the correct data). And the VIN number is mandatory for the App to work correctly.

Hello to the community.

I'm Daniel, the developer of the PHEV and EV Watchdog Apps.

These are OBD2 monitoring apps which will display live data from the OBD2 interface as well as calculate instant and long term stats keeping record of all trips and battery condition changes.

More info in the EV Watchdog website: EV Watchdog net

I've started with the PHEV Watchdog App in 2018 which now supports supports all phevs from Kia/Hyundai and Mitsubishi's Outlander PHEV.
Then I was ask to add support for the Kia/Hyundai models, so I create a separate App for that, the EV Watchdog.

Both Apps are available on the playstore (Android only) as totally functional free version (ad based) and a premium one which adds more features.

Now I've been asked to add support for the MG EV cars which it seems there's been some good development around the OBD2 interface.

I've checked and from the known and available info I think I could make it work but I'll still need someone available to log some OBD2 commands for me.

So anyone with an OBD2 adapter which would be interested to help?

Thank you.
I’d be more than happy to help out with MG HS Phev data. As much as you need.

[ Edited moderator: MS → MG ]

Last edited by a moderator:
The latest version (09.22) cuts the bluetooth connection. I have tried to reset the connection, uninstall and install the app, but it only works around 10 sek , and then it blocks the bluetooth. Have not had any problems before this update, what can be wrong

The latest version (09.22) cuts the bluetooth connection. I have tried to reset the connection, uninstall and install the app, but it only works around 10 sek , and then it blocks the bluetooth. Have not had any problems before this update, what can be wrong
Do you have the new Gen2 ZS? If so the app no longer works for us. I have already contacted Daniel, but it doesn't sound like it's going to work either. it's a shame, it was a handy app to have.

If anybody knows of any alternatives....

Do you have the new Gen2 ZS? If so the app no longer works for us. I have already contacted Daniel, but it doesn't sound like it's going to work either. it's a shame, it was a handy app to have.

If anybody knows of any alternatives....
I have the first version, and it worked fine until last version.....

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom