My EV 5 estate is reluctant to accept a rapid charge. Sometimes it will, but mostly it won’t. It’s been suggested that there may be a charging schedule that is stoping this. Can someone tell me in simple detail how I access the charging schedule to clear it?

I’ve tried it on lots of different ones, just don’t know if there is a charge schedule that needs to be got rid of, I have no idea how to access this

I’ve tried it on lots of different ones, just don’t know if there is a charge schedule that needs to be got rid of, I have no idea how to access this
Please give information as to whether this a facelift or a pre-facelift model so that we can best help.
Also if you can remember, what was the state of charge %age when you have attempted to rapid charge.
What happens, are there any messages when it doesn't charge.

As much information as possible please or it will very hard to help.

For the time being if we assume this is a new facelift model, can someone help with the charging schedule menu ?

Please give information as to whether this a facelift or a pre-facelift model so that we can best help.
Also if you can remember, what was the state of charge %age when you have attempted to rapid charge.

For the time being if we assume this is a new facelift model, can someone help with the charging schedule menu ?
I got the car last June, not sure if pre facelift or not, suspect after facelift. Pretty sure the problem is the charging schedule but no idea how to remove this

I’ve tried charging at 20 per cent and below. No message, simply doesn’t start, or starts and then stops after 40 secs

Hi - which of these does it look like ? Pre-facelift at the top, facelift version at the bottom. If the top one there is no charging schedule settings so I suspect yours is the facelift.
There must be someone on here with a facelift that can help out with charging schedules.

1688202181055.png

1688202164783.png

For facelift you have option to check via MG iSmart app (charge management) if scheduled charge enabled. But if you are able to charge (other than rapid chargers) suggests scheduled charging is not an issue? nb. from the app I see a) enable/disable scheduled charging then options for 'start time' & 'end time'.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom