Superbracey

Standard Member
Reaction score
According to a friend of mine, Evo Magazine have just done a road test review of the X Power in the most recent issue. I haven't seen it yet but will have to buy a copy while I wait for the car to arrive.

According to a friend of mine, Evo Magazine have just done a road test review of the X Power in the most recent issue. I haven't seen it yet but will have to buy a copy while I wait for the car to arrive.
Thanks, for that, I'll get one. 🙂👍

The review is here.

Thanks, for that, I'll get one. 🙂👍

The review is here.

Thanks.

So, nothing in the review that we didn't already know. And it asks if you need to spend the £7k premium over leaser models to get a car with a lower range. Same could be said of any car though. I bought a V8 supercharged Jag when I knew the diesel would go further on a tank. I don't think we need to justify the purchase to ourselves.

Yawn.
More waffle.
At least they silence the is it a Hot Hatch Brigade?

"It feels like a bonafide hyper-hatch in pure performance terms.

The question is, do we think that Evo kept to the 60mph speed limit if they were on NSL roads?

The answer is quite simply no!

They are driving it soo hard they are losing the front end!

That is just not possible at sane legal road speeds, I don't care how wet and cold it is!!

I have only lost grip in my car (front and rear on separate occasions) when I have been taking the Michael.

As a side note my PS5s only started moving on a sharp 70mph Dual Carriageway curve, last week when it was very wet and cold.

My fault really as I was in normal mode and really should have popped her into Sport.

I have always said this car is a handful at 10, tenths, due to the sheer mass involved and is a much more engaging prospect at 7 tenths.

IMO, MG have judged the chassis, all things considered, extremely well for our quite appalling road surfaces.

Only referring my local roads obviously, but I think it's only a matter of time before I do some serious damage with all the massive pot holes I seem to be constantly dodging of late!

As already said, another run of the mill, review. Blistering fast in a straight line, we already know that. But no "drivers car" whatever the hell that means, never really understood that. For the everyday driver like me and you, it's MORE than enough in the handling stakes. It does get one thing correct though, it is a Hyper Hatch! And for the money totally unbeatable. At the end they say the X Power is pointless and you can't justify the higher price over the other MG4s, course you bl00dy can. 🙂👍

Driving along the A roads from Dartmouth to Plymouth last week, before the dual carriageway(then the hum/vibe) was one of the best drives I've probably ever had, even ranked above the BMW 330e which I used to own.
I did feel sorry for my partner who was my passenger...but only an ickle bit🤮🤣

Driving along the A roads from Dartmouth to Plymouth last week, before the dual carriageway(then the hum/vibe) was one of the best drives I've probably ever had, even ranked above the BMW 330e which I used to own.
I did feel sorry for my partner who was my passenger...but only an ickle bit🤮🤣
I love that route (slow traffic aside), it is a good test of any car.

These reviewers seem to expect the car will drive like an MX5 … nope, you missed the point you plonker, its not that type of car !
Not only that, what exactly is its competition? There is nothing else at this price point.

It is unfair to use vague phrases without being specific; which exact car are they comparing it to and why?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom