EVs in popular culture ... where are they?

I was reading a near-future novel and they kept saying "electric motorbike" and I kept thinking, that's silly, by then all motorbikes will be electric and we'll just call them motorbikes. But I can see why the author did it.

Bosch Legacy on FreeVee - Tesla outside a jewellers/watch shop, owner approached for footage (y)

Attachments

• IMG_5030.png
    IMG_5030.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 20
I was reading the sixth in a fantasy series about a group of people in present-day Britain with special powers derived from and bringing them close to nature. The author tells us what sort of car everyone drives. Our hero has an old Land Rover he managed to rescue and restore after it was completely submerged in an earlier adventure. His girlfriend has a Toyota. Others have a Fiesta and a Honda. Not a single EV among them. It was only reading this installment (published a couple of months ago) after having got my EV that I started wondering why such an eco-aware group of people isn't even thinking about the CO2 they're spewing out. Our hero has a particular affinity for trees, too.

I don't think it has even occurred to the author. I don't think EVs are even on her radar. Our hero does dash off across the country in the "Landy" and in the most recent book he was saved because he was driving it - comment that he'd have been toast if he'd been in a Fiesta. How would they cope if they were having to watch their range, and couldn't fill up in five minutes? What would Dan drive if he gave up diesel?

I don't know, but it would be interesting to work it in, and it's something that will have to be faced eventually.
What book series was that, Rolfe? Sounds interesting.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom