Excite v Exclusive

Totally agree that for my finances and needs the extras on the exclusive didn’t justify the additional price. I picked up the excite for well under £25k, but it was the demonstrator (albeit with only 22miles on the clock)

Also opted for the excite. The only thing I miss is auto folding heated mirrors, but £2k was a bit too much to pay for just that. Everything else on the exclusive is just 'meh' (for my use case).

By opting for the Excite I was able to purchase the SR on the affinity scheme for £19500. Didn’t feel the need for roof rails or heated seats (you don’t miss what you’ve never had) and my wife has a strong dislike of leather or vinyl seats. 15 months in and no regrets.

I have to agree the heated seats make a huge difference
I only wish that cloth seat option was available on the Exclusive then it would be perfect

Leather seats was a deal clincher for the excite for me, can’t stand them so having useless roof rails wasn’t enough of a plus

Long range so the roof rails was the best option as has bits on roof more often than it doesn’t when I bought lr there was no decent alternative roof rack option.

Exclusive version Has iffy auto wipers that work from a box on the top centre windscreen that covers about 20% of your forward view.
Heated seats, (you can buy plug in ones)
Faux leather (pvc) seat covers that make you sweat and give you third degree burns on a sunny day
Roof bars that could be useful but I'm sure there's an after market solution.

Not sure if the excite has a reversing camera but again, cheap and easy to add. Ditto sat nav.

If I was buying today I'd go for the excite model, every time.

Exclusive version Has iffy auto wipers that work from a box on the top centre windscreen that covers about 20% of your forward view.
Heated seats, (you can buy plug in ones)
Faux leather (pvc) seat covers that make you sweat and give you third degree burns on a sunny day
Roof bars that could be useful but I'm sure there's an after market solution.

Not sure if the excite has a reversing camera but again, cheap and easy to add. Ditto sat nav.

If I was buying today I'd go for the excite model, every time.

Excite has both reverse camera and sat nav

I got the exclusive. If I'd got the Excite I would have had the feeling that I wanted all the extra bits on the Exclusive regardless of whether I either needed or used them. FOMO :D

When I ordered there was also a bigger affinity discount on the exclusive, so although it was more, not that much more, so that convinced me to take the exclusive.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom