Excited to be taking delivery of my new MG5

PaulR

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Tomorrow I will be the proud owner of a new MG 5 in Westminster silver. I pick it up from MG Burnley tomorrow afternoon and cant wait for the 100 mile journey back home. It has been a strange experience to say the least as I haven't even seen one never mind driven one. All my decisions were based on you tube and from this forum. I always said I would neve buy a car online without test driving but these are strange times. If I do not like the car it is all your fault :)
I went for the lower spec model as I prefer cloth seating and the roof bars are not much use currently. The other small extras I can live without.
I will update you all after my drive home :)

To be honest, be careful with your right foot too!
Don't know what you drive at the moment but I was shocked at not only how quick it is, but how smooth and consistent the power delivery is. Even in Eco mode.

Enjoy. It's a cracking car.

Agree...enjoy the car. Have fun now the summer and the end of lockdown are on the horizon

To be honest, be careful with your right foot too!
Don't know what you drive at the moment but I was shocked at not only how quick it is, but how smooth and consistent the power delivery is. Even in Eco mode.

Enjoy. It's a cracking car.
Agreed, as there is no engine sound you can be at a high speed before you know it. Enjoy your new car.

Fantastic. Mine is hopefully coming next week. Just waiting to have the delivery confirmed.

Like you, I've never bought a car without test driving it first. I must have watched every mg5 video on YouTube about 10 times 😂

I got a surprise this afternoon, entering the A38 on a short slip road in ecco, i floored the pedal to get some speed up doing 30 mph and I felt the front wheels give a slight spin as it launched from 30 to 80 far too quickly so yeah go easy on the right foot for a while.

I envy you guys who don't have a lot of driving to do. Since the lockdown started at Christmas I have covered over 3,000 miles running back and forward to look after my 96-year-old mother-in-law. I hate driving.

I get so envious of you guys picking up your new cars. There is no way I can get mine at the moment. I live at the top of a block of flats, remote from the road. We will be moving to a house with a drive, but when, is in the lap of the gods.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom