Exclusive for £18500

weedavemac

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
On Autotrader there is an exclusive MG5 for £18,500. On the face of it looks like very good value. It has tinted windows and 18" wheels.

That's crazy cheap. You could buy it and immediately sell it to WBAC for £1500 profit.

Yep, I have them too on my ZS, they're Audi A4 wheels, look awesome.
Couple of questions re your wheels and tyres please
Do you need spacers or are they a direct fit?
What did you do about centre caps?
Is the rolling circumference the same as the original wheels and tyres?
Do you have details about these wheels please?

Couple of questions re your wheels and tyres please
Do you need spacers or are they a direct fit?
What did you do about centre caps?
Is the rolling circumference the same as the original wheels and tyres?
Do you have details about these wheels please?

They are a direct fit, make sure to get the A4 wheels as the offset is nearly the same as MG, there is an A5 variant that will fit but has the wrong offset. You do need spigot rings, available for a few pounds, to drop the centre bore from Audi to MG diameter. You also must change the wheel bolts to the VAG curved seat type.

For mine I used a set of MG overlays available online. You just pop out the 4 rings on the audi centres, then stick the MG overlays on.

These wheels are 18", so to maintain a near enough correct size, you need 18" x 225/45, or 245/40 tyres. The car feels more original on 225/45's, steering feel is different with 245/40's.

Audi part number is 8W0601025R There's usually several sets on ebay at any given time.

Here's one example:

Centre cap overlays:

Spigot rings:

Bolts:

You'll need to swap the pressure sensors from your existing wheels as well, or run a second set. Universal, programmable ones that clone your originals are most cost effective and work great.

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
They are a direct fit, make sure to get the A4 wheels as the offset is nearly the same as MG, there is an A5 variant that will fit but has the wrong offset. You do need spigot rings, available for a few pounds, to drop the centre bore from Audi to MG diameter. You also must change the wheel bolts to the VAG curved seat type.

For mine I used a set of MG overlays available online. You just pop out the 4 rings on the audi centres, then stick the MG overlays on.

These wheels are 18", so to maintain a near enough correct size, you need 18" x 225/45, or 245/40 tyres. The car feels more original on 225/45's, steering feel is different with 245/40's.

Audi part number is 8W0601025R There's usually several sets on ebay at any given time.

Here's one example:

Centre cap overlays:

Spigot rings:

Bolts:

You'll need to swap the pressure sensors from your existing wheels as well, or run a second set. Universal, programmable ones that clone your originals are most cost effective and work great.
Thank you for the very comprehensive reply. Tempting.

Here's one example:

Centre cap overlays:

Spigot rings:

Bolts:

Thank you for the very comprehensive reply. Tempting
Just realised, I'm quoting tyre sizes for the ZS. You'll need to check what you need for the MG5 if that's your car type as they're different!
Thanks.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom