Experience of using Ohme cable

notdodgy

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Trying to check my understanding of using Ohme cable and schedules.

I get it that if you are on a variable tariff such as Octopus, then it will automatically schedule around thier off peak or cheap periods.
(I am on a fixed tariff and until I understand my charging needs it's going to be cheaper to stay put).

From the Ohme FAQ the ZS does not have an API so the cable cannot charge to a level measured by the car - it can only estimate it.

This simply means I have to be aware of how many miles I need to add and set up charging schedules that will add that number of "miles" for when it's needed.
If the battery reaches 100%, the charge will be stopped by the car and the Ohme will report a charging issue.

e.g. if a schedule to add 50% or 80 miles by 7am is active and I plug in at 11pm, it will calculate how long it needs and will start charging in time for this.
If it needs 3 hours, then charging will start at 4am with my fixed tariff. (On Octopus Go, charging would start at 12:30 and run for 3 hours?)

Balance charge - this a case of selecting the max charge schedule?
Max charge schedule - this looks like a normal schedule but with 00:00 and 100%

Have I grasped this correctly?

yep.
I am not sure about balance charge.
I moved to agile tariff making good use of variable tariff but low price days less often in winter.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom