Extra lights for the SE

Deleted member 14300

Reaction score
Hi, I'm considering a very basic set up of two Wipac or Hella driving lamps on a bracket, secured to the number plate. I've used the plate before and it was pretty good. My only concern is how it would affect the 12V system, and converting the lamps to led. Wiring wise I'd look for a high beam live in the fuse box and a quality relay / fuse etc. Other option is finding an ignition on and running a switch via a relay. I live in the countryside so I like to avoid suicidal pheasants, foxes and badgers.

Positive to relay from battery, earth where acsessable (power from battery is fine), atleast on Luxury/Trophy higbeam signal is to be found in fusebox under the hood (according to my dealership when asked about mounting a ledbar).

The question is: Are the front numberplate and holder fixed to the plastic bumper or is it bolted straight in to the crash beam behind?

A thing I would like to know is how a ledbar mounted under the numberplate affects the radar under and behind?
I have an Luxury/Trophy so camera over the numberplate make that mounting place not viable (yes I know this is an SE tread but the SE have the radar to).

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom