Extra USB ports and light

dsimpkins

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE LR
I've added some extra USB ports to our MG4 to keep my daughters happy. Stop them fighting over the single USB port in the back. I bought a charger that plugs into the cigrette lighter socket in the front, and has an extension lead that provides two USB ports in the rear. I've run the cable along the side of the centre console, and then the two extra ports just clip onto the pocket at the rear of the console in the back.

Cig lighter ports.jpg

Front cigarette lighter socket USB ports (The other cables are for my phone, and my Android AI box)

Rear USB ports.jpg

Rear ports clipped to rear storage pocket, with two USB cables to keep the kids happy.

I also added a light for the rear for the kids using the original USB port in the rear. They like the starry sky effect.
USB stars.jpg

Ceiling.jpg

Was it easy to install ? looks great
Yes it was very simple to install. Literally took about 10 mins.

I used the rear usb port and fed the cables up the side of the seats under the base lip of the centre console so there are virtually no cables showing at all, and no trailing cables from the cars front usb ports into footwells.

Yes it was very simple to install. Literally took about 10 mins.

I used the rear usb port and fed the cables up the side of the seats under the base lip of the centre console so there are virtually no cables showing at all, and no trailing cables from the cars front usb ports into footwells.

Thank you, where did you put the larger brick ?

Here is all the mess :LOL: The bluetooth control unit just sits in the cubby between the chairs and the wires feed out from it. Looks more noticeable here with a flash photo than in reality you would hardly notice it. I also got a 90 degree usb adapter so the wire doesn't stick out as much https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0CPPFDG7M

20240129_184947.jpg

The passenger footwell
20240129_185228.jpg

or if you prefer a bit more warm ambient lighting in winter...
20240129_185537.jpg

How do the LED strips fix under the front seats. Are they just stuck to the frame, and does the wiring cope when the seats are moved?
They are stuck to a plastic stiffner rod that's stitched to the back flap at the bottom of the chair. There's plenty of slack on the cable so even though it's going over the rail it's unlikely to get caught by moving the chair.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom