Facelift Review

I don't like the inside with the screen added as if someone plonked a tablet on the dash. I do like the new graphics on the screen behind the wheel. Just my opinion.

I think I would prefer the screen to be integrated into a binnacle but I get the impression the centre console has been lifted much higher, something I definitely would not like.

The front looks a like a number of other cars, probably in the nature of having no grill.

Personally I think it looks better, both outside and, particularly, inside.
I think it looks more like an EV now on the outside.
Not like the ICE model with a battery and electric motor fitted.
I though the front of the new facelift ZS EV was a bit Merhhhhh when I first seen it, but now I have really come to like the shape.

Seeing this announced is what made me look at MG in the first place. I’ve heard it looks more like the Toyota Corolla and less like the VW Passat… but I think that’s a compliment in itself. The latter is c15y old design.

They are not the most modern looking car but I like them even from the original 5SR all colours are good apart from the red. Sorry all you teamreds just MHO.

I don’t particularly fancy red cars in general but it works very well on the MG5 (I haven’t seen one in person yet as the first cars have just arrived in Norway). It’s a lively color choice for an otherwise old looking car design. Check this walk around.

Looks ace..so much more modern inside and out,particularly in white which makes the new lights stand out.
I wouldn't have considered one before but I will now.

It may just be me but the charge point seems to be a magnet for rain ingress into the contacts.
To me it looked sloping backwards

Since launch, reviews of the MG5 have, very gradually, got consistently better. It is an almost grudging respect from the motoring press of what MG is managing to achieve. To me, it looks like the starting viewpoint was"it's cheap, it's Chinese, therefore it is rubbish". Now it wins against the likes of the Leaf and the ID3.

And what is the price?
In Europe its a actually a few hundred euros more expensive than the (roughly) equivilant ZS (ie LR 5 vs LR ZS etc). I was expecting to order the 5, based on practicality and expected cheaper price, but ended up ordering a ZS - which actually has a slightly longer range (though obviously lacking in boot space).

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom