fast car chargers, works slowly

artur

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
hello, my car has a slow charger, I have a zs ev sr 50.3 kw. My average fast charger (150 kW) is 20-35 kW. Is it normal to be so slow in this car?

Last edited by a moderator:
The car should be able to reach about ~90 kW when the battery temperature is warm enough and state of charge is fairly low. I can see from your location you are based in Iceland, it will be very hard to get the car to charge at a fast rate. I am noticing similar speeds here in the UK. Past few nights have been fairly chilly with temperatures dipping to about 4 to 5 degrees. I have seen highs of 60kW with state of charge around 30%.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
The car should be able to reach about ~90 kws when the battery temperature is warm enough and state of charge is fairly low. I can see from your location you are based in Iceland, it will be very hard to get the car to charge at a fast rate. I am noticing similar speeds here in the UK. Past few nights have been fairly chilly with temperatures dipping to about 4 to 5 degrees. I have seen highs of 60Kw with state of charge around 30%.
thanks for the answer, for me when the battery is warm, charging is still slow. Do you have any photos of the battery charging?

Upvote 0
my dealer in Iceland says that fast charging of a 20-30 kW battery is ok. I need photos that this model can charge faster.
please send me photos of the chargers

Upvote 0
@artur sorry didn't get a chance to check the forum.

I'll put two screenshots, one is from April and one this weekend.

This weekend was a chilly one about 6 degrees sl was fairly cold for the battery to reach peak rates. Second screenshot was from spring time so a lot warmer temperatures.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231112_131105_MG iSMART.jpg
    Screenshot_20231112_131105_MG iSMART.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 76
  • Screenshot_20230413_174159_MG iSMART.jpg
    Screenshot_20230413_174159_MG iSMART.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 68
Upvote 0
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel