Fast Charge 100%?

Interesting........ Wonder if that's another difference between the SR & LR........ Like the OP, I have an LR and it disconnects from the rapid at 95%, so categorically will not charge to 100%, certainly not on the rapid DC chargers that I have used. (Evolt)
Just to add my two pennorth' worth!

The only time I have used a Rapid it, too, "stopped" at, IIRC, 90%.
Probably more to do with the charger than the car.

I tried turning on the battery heater an hour before a rapid & it refused. Still charged at 70 kw/h from 20% and was still charging at 50 kw/h at 85%

I charged my LR at Tarlardy Hotel using the left charger and stopped it myslef at 92% last week. However a couple next to me in a BMW hasd there charge drop out paft way tbrough so might be a faulty charger.

I tried turning on the battery heater an hour before a rapid & it refused. Still charged at 70 kw/h from 20% and was still charging at 50 kw/h at 85%
Is there option to turn on battery heater on the lr?
I've not seen it yet but would have thought after 2 hours of driving at 60+mph it would be warm anyway.

Is there option to turn on battery heater on the lr?
I've not seen it yet but would have thought after 2 hours of driving at 60+mph it would be warm anyway.
There is, it's in the infotainment.

I will check again but I didn't see it when I looked in the early days of ownership
Image in the thread for the MG5LR

Yeah, found it.
Thanks all. I will try it next time to see if it improves my charging rate on rapids to above 50kw although I doubt it will heat the battery much more than an extended 70mph run will.

I have the SR and have no problem charging to 100% on DC, on PodPoint, Instavolt and Gridserve
I have an SR also. I’ve only charged it twice on a rapid charger, but both times I charged it to 100% without a problem.

I have a home charger, but generally park it up at my Golf Club (10 mins walk from home) which has a free 7kw charger. Happy days.🤣😂🤣

I have an SR also. I’ve only charged it twice on a rapid charger, but both times I charged it to 100% without a problem.

I have a home charger, but generally park it up at my Golf Club (10 mins walk from home) which has a free 7kw charger. Happy days.🤣😂🤣
They'll be charging you Green (Energy) fees if you do that too often LOL

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom