Favourite colour?

SiW80

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
The red looks great on the website but in the flesh it looks more flat than metallic.

What is your favourite colour based on real life viewing?

It’s white for me
But when looking for a 5 my list was
1st white
2nd grey
3rd blue
I’ve had too many black cars and the car before my 5 was red so that’s why I had a colour list but only had white and grey a the dealership so I was lucky enough to get my first choice
😃👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

All our cars for the last 25yrs have been grey or silver/grey, so the Westminster Silver was an obvious choice for our MG5! Also shows the dirt up less! My last non-grey car, an Audi, was black and in no time at all needed cleaning to remove the grime.

I had to get a car quickly so I took what they had in stock which happened to be Westminster silver. Which has turned out quite well, hides the dirt really well ;)

The red looks great on the website but in the flesh it looks more flat than metallic.

What is your favourite colour based on real life viewing?
I wouldn't say it looked flat, but like many metallics, it does look much better in strong sunlight.

Battersea Blue did not cost extra.

Hope that it is similar to the Skoda blue

I wouldn't say it looked flat, but like many metallics, it does look much better in strong sunlight.
I agree, the Dynamic Red looks at its best in strong sun light.
It is a “Tri-Coat” colour which has a Pearl effect cost, that is why it is more expensive than the single stage white base coat or the twin base coat and lacquer of the metallic colours.
White became so popular a few years ago, that VW started charging a premium price for a single stage paint !.
Absolutely crazy how quickly the manufactures can jump onto current trends and fashions,
I would never pay extra or a white car personally.
The day van manufactures start charging a premium for solid white, will see a massive shift to other colours 🤣.

Piccadilly Blue - looks great in sunlight - all sparkly, even my wife likes it!!

As I write the weather is overcast, but my car on the drive still looks good I think. I went for blue partly because there are lots of red/black/white/silver cars out there, and I felt the blue was a bit different. What clinched it was the Piccadilly Blue on the Dealership forecourt.

I have white but didn’t have a choice at time unless I waited. My preference at time was for the grey.

Having now had it for 2 months, white has really grown on me and may even prefer it. Having said that none of the colours look bad in my opinion.

I wanted black and that was what was at the dealer so suited me. I like the blue but my neighbour has a 5 in the blue so I couldn’t get the same! As I got the demonstrator I got the paint included with the discount

I've ordered silver which I think looks fairly decent.
My second choice would probably be blue, not seen in the flesh but looks a nice shade.

I think white looks good on some cars, but the wheels on the MG5 are small and don't look great with white, grey/black wheels may have looked better on that colour.

My first choice was red but family liked black - think the grill looks a less prominent in that colour too.
The colour match with the grill was also why I picked black. That and my son ordering me to get black.🤣

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom