Fenkee IP65 adjustable EVSE

chowbenter

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Blimey!!! I only ordered it off Aliexpress on the 8-3-2021 & it's just arrived at my door 13-3-2021 (y) :D

Type 2 32A portable evse with adjustable current ranging from 10A, 16A, 20A, 24A & 32A.
215.99US $ 28% OFF|Electric Vehicle EV Charger Type 2 32 Amp Portable EVSE, CEE Plug 220V 240V Car Charging Cable, IEC 62196 2|Chargers & Service Equipment| - AliExpress

It's being inspected by the cats before I try it out on the ZS EV later. :D😽

fenkee 1.jpg
fenkee2.jpg
fenkee3.jpg

Worth every penny!!

Just going to go into the gaage to try it, I cant believe it's arrived so soon, They gave me a date of end of April beginning of May for delivery to the UK :eek:

Edit: I haven't finished digging the trench for the armoured cable to the garage yet as I thought I'd have enough time before it arrived, I'll just try the 10A 16A for the time being.

It works perfectly & connected up to the ZS EV straight away, I only tried it on the 10A & 16A currents as I've not got the armoured cable in place yet, Not much chance in this wet weather, The trench I started has been full of water for weeks. :eek:

It looks to be made of good quality materials, A tad smaller than the EVSE charger that comes with the car, Weighs in at 3.5kg with 6mm2 cable.
I couldn't get the camera to focus on the charger but shot a pic of the MG badge flap pulsating, Never seen it before. :D

Brilliant find.
if only it came with a built in timer and a type 2 rather than commando.

Yeah I was looking at getting one of those Zencar portable evse's but this Fenkee came up as a suggestion, Same specs as the Zencar & £100 cheaper, I'm not to fussed about a timer so it suits me for my usage.

[hQUOTE="chowbenter, post: 23755, member: 1324"]
Blimey!!! I only ordered it off Aliexpress on the 8-3-2021 & it's just arrived at my door 13-3-2021 (y) :D

Type 2 32A portable evse with adjustable current ranging from 10A, 16A, 20A, 24A & 32A.
215.99US $ 28% OFF|Electric Vehicle EV Charger Type 2 32 Amp Portable EVSE, CEE Plug 220V 240V Car Charging Cable, IEC 62196 2|Chargers & Service Equipment| - AliExpress

View attachment 2232View attachment 2233View attachment 2234
[/QUOTE]
What is the benefit of this cable over a standard type 2 cable?

[hQUOTE="chowbenter, post: 23755, member: 1324"]

View attachment 2232View attachment 2233View attachment 2234
What is the benefit of this cable over a standard type 2 cable?
[/QUOTE]

I already have a commando socket in the garage so this potable evse is instead of a wallbox, It will be mounted onto the garage wall when I've laid the armoured cable to the garage. Wallboxes too expensive for my pocket at the moment.

Worth every penny!!
Hi TassiedEVil Absolutely worth every penny, I took a chance on this charger as the money I'd saved up for a 7kw wallbox charger got spoken for with roof repairs from Storm Christoph we had over Winter :mad:

It really is a nice bit of kit & well made. It fits the bill perfectly for me. (y)

Well done chowbenter - I had thought of doing this exact same thing as a cheaper alternative to getting a wallbox but the 2 Grants meant it would only cost me £200 so I didn't have to! It's good to see the theory works well in practice! :cool:

Cheers

Bloggsy

Well done chowbenter - I had thought of doing this exact same thing as a cheaper alternative to getting a wallbox but the 2 Grants meant it would only cost me £200 so I didn't have to! It's good to see the theory works well in practice! :cool:

Cheers

Bloggsy

Thanks bloggsy, You guys are spoiled north of the border (y) 😁

Hi TassiedEVil Absolutely worth every penny, I took a chance on this charger as the money I'd saved up for a 7kw wallbox charger got spoken for with roof repairs from Storm Christoph we had over Winter :mad:

It really is a nice bit of kit & well made. It fits the bill perfectly for me. (y)
I came to the conclusion a commando socket and Ohme cable (£150 new on Ebay) was cheaper than a wall mounted charger, even with the grant.

Interesting stuff - I use a Commando Ohme at home but can’t get a second discounted one so this might be just the ticket for charging at my unit.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom