Final tax reminder???????

The main thing here is, you are responsible for remembering to tax, mot and insure your car along with everything else in life that has an expiry date! 🙄

They needed to know the car is still on the road, I think you can sorn a EV still so if stolen than it will trip the ANPR cameras.

I have today received a final reminder to tax my MG5, which was due on August 1st (albeit at zero cost). However, I did not receive an earlier reminder letter to say it was due, which I have always had in the past. My wife has also received a final demand for taxing her ICE car, having not had an earlier reminder letter that we have always had in the past.

I phoned the number on the letter and got it sorted via the automated system, but I am a little concerned that had the police stopped me in the last few days my car would not have been taxed, and in theory they could have impounded it.

Has anyone else had a similar issue???
Don't you think it's your responsibility to ensure that tax, MOT, service etc are done and not DVLA the dealer or your mum's job to remind you?
Every smartphone has a calendar function so you can set repeat reminders years into the future.

Don't you think it's your responsibility to ensure that tax, MOT, service etc are done and not DVLA the dealer or your mum's job to remind you?
Every smartphone has a calendar function so you can set repeat reminders years into the future.
It is the change that is being complained out. If you've been used to being reminded by the DVLA and it suddenly stops, then you won't be expecting to set your own reminders.

Not everyone is up with the news:

New EV cars over £40k will soon also be subject to the additional c£530 a Year road licence fee and with many new EV’s well over this figure it will generate quite a bit of revenue.

They do ask for your DL number as part of the sign-up, but I don't think it was a mandatory field.

Clamping has been outlawed (since the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012) for private citizens/companies as a means of "parking enforcement" etc. Authorities (Police, DVLA, Councils - i.e. anyone who can issue an actual fine rather than just an invoice) can still do it. :)

Clamping has been outlawed (since the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012) for private citizens/companies as a means of "parking enforcement" etc. Authorities (Police, DVLA, Councils - i.e. anyone who can issue an actual fine rather than just an invoice) can still do it. :)
That makes sense I guess 😊

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom