Find My Car

andi51081

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Would I be right in thinking that the find my car feature in the iSMART app works like Apple Maps where it just shows the last place you were connected to the car, not a live location?

It will do live location reporting.

I once used it to track my wife's progress for an important meeting, and everytime i updated, it would show a new address, that she was passing.

So yeah, you can use it to do live tracking, it will update everytime you ask it to update the location

The car's internal 4G modem connects to the MG server, and your phone also connects to the server which routes it to your car. One person who had his car stolen was able to give the police ongoning updates until they were behind the stolen car.

Would I be right in thinking that the find my car feature in the iSMART app works like Apple Maps where it just shows the last place you were connected to the car, not a live location?
Its give pinpoint live location with an address.

Issue I find is that the car loses connection to the MG server and you need to re boot it by disconnecting the 12v battery for a minute...😠

Issue I find is that the car loses connection to the MG server and you need to re boot it by disconnecting the 12v battery for a minute...😠
Is this why I can’t connect to my car today via the so called i-smart app? Worked yesterday after I picked the car up, but today, despite it being in view, the app thinks it doesn’t exist 😀

Pick mine up tomorrow, I guess the only way to test it out is to let my missus drive it and see if it updates the location.
you could park it down the street or something and click live location it gives the approximate door number of the house its parked outside

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom