First charge with Zappi, how should I do it?

Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Hi folks,

Our MG4 is almost here, collecting this weekend, hurrah!

I am wondering how I can best charge it. We have a Zappi 2.1. No battery or solar. I want to charge up to 80% on the car normally between 00:30 and 04:30 (Octopus Go), happy for it to suck as much juice as it can.

What's the best way?
  • Zappi mode?
  • Configure charging in the car, on the MG app, on the Zappi or on the Zappi app?

I just want a simple and reliable way to get started until I get my head around the quintillion different options and settings!

Thank you.

Hi, set it up in eco+ with schedules set.
I have mine to get back 80%-90% for the next days commute.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230228-190133_myenergi.jpg
    Screenshot_20230228-190133_myenergi.jpg
    268.2 KB · Views: 67
I imagine it's the same in the MG4 as the ZS EV LR ?.
You can use the head unit in the car or the App to set your required start and stop times to charge AND set the SOC % that you require it to charge to ( say 80% ? ).

Both should work fine, but I DO prefer to set it in the head unit myself !.
But that's just me I guess.
Set it in the car, then you could aways check in later in the settings in the App, that's if you are totally paranoid like myself :ROFLMAO:.
Oh ......... When you are setting the "On & Off" times to suit your "Off Peak" hours, there is a slide control, that asks "Do you want the charge to continue IF the SOC % has not been achieved".
Or words to this affect.
If you enable this ( which I have NOT ) then the car will disregard the your finish time selected and keep charging until it hits the SOC %.
But remember if you select this, the car will be charging on the more expensive day time rate !.
NO NO NO ........... We don't want to do that, thank you very much !.

The 80% rule is for fast and rapid chargers you can happily charge to 100% using the 13kw granny lead and your 7kw wall charger without any deterioration in battery performance or longevity.

The 80% rule is for fast and rapid chargers you can happily charge to 100% using the 13kw granny lead and your 7kw wall charger without any deterioration in battery performance or longevity.
Doesn't it depend on the battery chemistry?

The conventional wisdom is that NMC does not like to be always at 100%, particularly not leaving it fully charged for an extended time, hence the 80% normal use, 100% for range charge recommendations.

Rapid's are DC CCS chargers and it is not recommended to go toomhigh with these.
Fast are AC type2 EVSE which covers your home 7kW unit and granny which is 2.2kW 10A not 13kW.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom