First Drive

mourneuk

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
I took the new car out for a spin tonight, just to take a look at the gridserve forecourt just beside Chelmsford race course, and a little potter about. I enjoyed the drive and found the ride really comfortable. I managed wheel spins when testing the acceleration on a straight stretch, so that was fun.

I had to switch the lane keep assist warning off - not so much because of the sound but because it would then take my display away from the digital speedometer and show the car in the lane. I'm going to have to work on the A/C as it was either too cold or my windscreen would then start to fog when I switched the A/C off.

I only managed 3.6 m/kwh but as this is my first EV I'm sure I'll improve that over time.

I thought the sound system was ok, and didn't notice anything different from the Kodiaq I'd just traded in.

Overall, off to a good start.

I took the new car out for a spin tonight, just to take a look at the gridserve forecourt just beside Chelmsford race course, and a little potter about. I enjoyed the drive and found the ride really comfortable. I managed wheel spins when testing the acceleration on a straight stretch, so that was fun.

I had to switch the lane keep assist warning off - not so much because of the sound but because it would then take my display away from the digital speedometer and show the car in the lane. I'm going to have to work on the A/C as it was either too cold or my windscreen would then start to fog when I switched the A/C off.

I only managed 3.6 m/kwh but as this is my first EV I'm sure I'll improve that over time.

I thought the sound system was ok, and didn't notice anything different from the Kodiaq I'd just traded in.

Overall, off to a good start.

Congratulations on switching to the EV Side.

The MG5 is a great choice and you will certainly enjoy owning it.

Great choice of car and colour.
Your m/kWh will improve once you stop spinning the wheels 🙂.
Anything you turn on will slightly reduced the M/kWh and range in the warm weather you should achieve about 4.

Enjoy your new car :)
Check out the thread on real world energy consumption for the MG5:

You will need to change settings to Eco Mode / KERS3, manage the heating / aircon better plus change how you drive & keep speeds down
Yea I've changed from always driving powerful petrol cars so will take time to change driving habits. Even without doing so I am saving tons on fuel costs

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom