Count Zero

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Work trip to Bristol.

Weds morning up at 05:45

Taxi booked for 06:30 to Glasgow Airport

Phone pings at 06:15, taxi arrived in plenty of time, great.

Stagger out in rain to see a red MG5 LR Exclusive outside – which is exactly the same model as our own MG5 which will be used by the family later that day.

Double take, driver says – which one should we take?

40 mins of sharing experience with the driver ensues - “D” for the purpose of this post.

He has done 35,000 miles since Oct 21 (I asked twice to be sure) avg 4 miles per kWh, only 1 major problem when car locked when trying a quick rapid charge.

Paid similar prices – plug in grant plus the Affinity deal that came with the EST Scotland interest free loan.

I have solar PV, D thinking of battery plus off-peak electricity. Discussion on limits of 16 amps per phase on size of battery.

I know “D” reads the forum – so I hope you don’t mind the post – is was a pleasure to talk to you.

MG5 Taxi drivers must have run up the highest mileage and gained more experience than all us "civilian" drivers (D's term) - what have you learnt?

That was me! Thank you for the kind words.
We did have a good chinwag. I was very impressed by your early adoption of solar, and the feed-in tariff you are getting is a belter.

Look forward to next time....

W
That was me! Thank you for the kind words.
We did have a good chinwag. I was very impressed by your early adoption of solar, and the feed-in tariff you are getting is a belter.

Look forward to next time....
Weedavemac

We talked about tyre wear and types.
At 35k and increasing fast I realised I should have asked you if you have replaced yours and when?
My as new are Bridgestone 205/60R16 96V - which I assume are MG standard fit as new .

I have replaced the fronts, at, from memory, approx 21,000 miles. And I had to replace a rear tyre due to a puncture that could not be repaired which was annoying as the rears were still going strong. My tyres are also Bridgestones. Currently researching all season tyres to cover the winter months.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom