MG ZS EV First Rapid Charge

Crashoverride012

Standard Member
Reaction score
First rapid charge at Shell Recharge, this is a good unit nobody ever seems to be using it, I know it’s not the cheapest but it so easy to use and I was getting 48kw

02EC5713-9E49-41A7-A01D-8987F7E3D391.jpeg

I wonder if this is just the start of the way petrol and diesel went. It’s all rainbows and sunshine just now with free electrons or even prices of 39p, but in 10-20 years we’ll be looking back on the “good old days” as we take a sharp intake of breathe at paying over £1/KW :LOL:

either that or everyone will be producing free electricity, which of course would be preferable ?

@Portgordon,
I think you are absolutely right.
And that is why we should all be pushing for larger battery capacity and home charging availability for very home household or communal building.
I have heard of analysts who believe that in 10 years time EVs will have to have a range 500 to 600miles in battery capacity with once a week cheap night home or communal charging otherwise electricity prices will go through the roof.
Just like people do now for petrol /desiel one will in the future have to avoid all expensive motor rapid charging as much as possible.
In any case free charging is now being cut out by many councils in the UK. GMEV for example are cutting down all their free chargers and replacing them with very expensive paying services. Our free charging days may now be truly over.

Charged on a GeniePoint today in my home town and it worked but I was only getting 19kw at 50% I have heard about problems with GeniePoint chargers and the Mg Zs EV does everyone else have problems with the GeniePoint chargers?

I wonder if this is just the start of the way petrol and diesel went. It’s all rainbows and sunshine just now with free electrons or even prices of 39p, but in 10-20 years we’ll be looking back on the “good old days” as we take a sharp intake of breathe at paying over £1/KW :LOL:

either that or everyone will be producing free electricity, which of course would be preferable ?
Even at .39 per kW, plus initial say £1 fee, it doesn't seem much cheaper that a 45mpg ice car

Charged on a GeniePoint today in my home town and it worked but I was only getting 19kw at 50% I have heard about problems with GeniePoint chargers and the Mg Zs EV does everyone else have problems with the GeniePoint chargers?

As I said in an earlier post, they seem Twitty with the app, but ok with their cards

Is your car pre or post comfort2 update? I seem to be seeing faster charging now that I've had the upgrade. I got over 40kwh from a Geniepoint about a month ago, just after I had the upgrade.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom