First service at 12 months - 7,500km

ChrisR

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE SR
I've just picked up my ZS EV from its first service. I bought it in February this year and have only done 7,500km but as it was a demonstrator and first registered in November 2020 it was due for service to satisfy the warranty.

It's been completely trouble-free the whole time (except for having to replace a rear tyre from pothole damage) so I figured it would be an uneventful service. MG Australia has a flat rate for the first service of $171 and I think they're probably doing pretty well from that, but it's good to know.

I was hoping to speak to someone who actually worked on it but that wasn't possible and the guy at the desk didn't seem to know much at all other than it was all ridgy didge. One other bloke in the office knew enough to make the joke "at least the oil was really clean ;)"

The pic below shows the extent of the written information I received :rolleyes:

service.jpg

You could try requesting a copy of the information that goes on the MG database because I'm sure it's more than that.
Thanks for increasing my vocabulary BTW (ridgy didge) (y)

You should get a copy of something like this to show what was done hence what you have paid for.View attachment 5929View attachment 5928
Thanks @Dr Dave , I must admit I was expecting something like that. The MG dealer here is affiliated with Ford and use their workshop so that may have something to do with it, but they provide full reports for Ford services.

I notice beside "check and record SOC and SOH" you got two ticks... Humph. I guess that they were both non-zero; that's a tick.

For my second service I received a "Tick Sheet" which had claimed the oil had been changed !.
Should have asked for a refund on the price of the oil !.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom