First service charges

Sammy G

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hello all,
Had first service today, I was asked when booking in if there were any issues . My reversing camera doesn't always come on automatically. My steering wheel has developed a click on turning and my radio goes off when I get a notification or message when phone is linked via Bluetooth (not sure if all mg"s do this).
Told them what I wanted them to check on and it was noted.
Went for the service today and when I collected my car I was charged £101 for the service and £126 labour for looking at the issues I had flagged. He said they couldn't find any faults. If they had the car would have been sorted under warranty and no charge.
Is this correct ? At no point when booking or when taking the car in did anyone mention I would be charged for looking at faults. The car is less than a year old.
It was insinuated that I was imagining these issues !!! Incidentally, on the way home the steering wheel didn't click AT ALL so I think there was a problem but they wanted more money from me

When mine has been booked in any item I want them to look at has a £68, or something like tha!t against it unless it is under warranty. I have never been charged for checking and not finding anything wrong. On both services i have mentioned rear brake noise when reversing in the mornings.

Mine went in the other week, a couple of times the info system did not come on with the car in ready mode and bluetooth kept disconnecting. Latest software was updated to R22 and I have had no problems since touch wood! No cost was mentioned when booked in and no cost when picked up.

my radio goes off when I get a notification or message when phone is linked via Bluetooth (not sure if all mg"s do this).
There is a setting on your phone in the Bluetooth bit that you can switch off to stops this
Screenshot_20230619-220505.png

Hello all,
Had first service today, I was asked when booking in if there were any issues . My reversing camera doesn't always come on automatically. My steering wheel has developed a click on turning and my radio goes off when I get a notification or message when phone is linked via Bluetooth (not sure if all mg"s do this).
Told them what I wanted them to check on and it was noted.
Went for the service today and when I collected my car I was charged £101 for the service and £126 labour for looking at the issues I had flagged. He said they couldn't find any faults. If they had the car would have been sorted under warranty and no charge.
Is this correct ? At no point when booking or when taking the car in did anyone mention I would be charged for looking at faults. The car is less than a year old.
It was insinuated that I was imagining these issues !!! Incidentally, on the way home the steering wheel didn't click AT ALL so I think there was a problem but they wanted more money from me
The year 1 service should be less than £100 as there is very little beyond inspection.

My Ioniq was the same and the bill was £48.

As for charging for looking at stuff with no resolution then I'd say they should have 100% made you aware that would be a possibility it would happen before dropping the car in.

I wouldn't go back there.

NT Shaw in Louth Lincolnshire and at no point was I made aware I would be charged labour costs to look at my queries

NT Shaw in Louth Lincolnshire and at no point was I made aware I would be charged labour costs to look at my queries
I think they’re all a bit slippery to be honest. I had Charles Warner at Lincoln try to rip me off on the cost of the 3 year service plan. Price checked it direct on MG website and it was cheaper, and the garage I selected as the one I’d be taking it to was - you guessed it - Charles Warner Lincoln. They’re all about making a quick buck these days, whatever happened to wanting to provide a good service to their customers.

Is there any small print on the booking form or invoice which mentions a fee for investigating issues? If not, they cannot enforce a payment. When they asked you if there were any issues you wanted investigating they should also have told you the terms and conditions. Also, if you paid by card, contact your card provider as you should be protected by them.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom