First Service Surprise

rogerco

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
So its 12 months since mine was registered (although only had it 8 months as was ex demo deal) - time for its first service. I booked it in with a different dealer to the one I brought it from as they are slightly nearer and he quoted only £29.70 for a first service under 10,000 miles (currently 8100miles including the 500 miles on demo) - having heard on here other much higher quotes I bit his hand off and booked it in.
Today dropped it off and wandered around Bideford for a couple of hours including an excellent lunch in at Cafe Collective (5* from us).
Back to collect the car and pay the bill - first service, fix the driver door handle which had started sticking, do the kers recall, complementary wash and brush up, re-register for AA MG assist.

Total £23.20

I've never taken a car to a garage and had such a small bill before. I'll certainly be going back there for the next one.

Blimey, you barely paid enough to cover the costs of doing the paperwork there!! What a result!!

What's he mileage on your car, as I understand there is a "low mileage" version which is cheaper.

Blimey, you barely paid enough to cover the costs of doing the paperwork there!! What a result!!

What's he mileage on your car, as I understand there is a "low mileage" version which is cheaper.
8100 miles. On the phone they said under 10k qualified for the low mileage service

So its 12 months since mine was registered (although only had it 8 months as was ex demo deal) - time for its first service. I booked it in with a different dealer to the one I brought it from as they are slightly nearer and he quoted only £29.70 for a first service under 10,000 miles (currently 8100miles including the 500 miles on demo) - having heard on here other much higher quotes I bit his hand off and booked it in.
Today dropped it off and wandered around Bideford for a couple of hours including an excellent lunch in at Cafe Collective (5* from us).
Back to collect the car and pay the bill - first service, fix the driver door handle which had started sticking, do the kers recall, complementary wash and brush up, re-register for AA MG assist.

Total £23.20

I've never taken a car to a garage and had such a small bill before. I'll certainly be going back there for the next one.
But what about Morris the bear??
I hope for the massive price they charged they are sending you one in the post! 😁

Does anyone on here know what the services cover ?
Do you get a Morris the bear with every service ?

Does anyone on here know what the services cover ?
Do you get a Morris the bear with every service ?
not sure what you mean with the first paragraph, but think you mean what’s involved with a service, if you go onto MG UK website and go through the menus you can find what’s involved with any service and any MG.

yes Mg should sent you a Morris the bear in the post after a service at an mg dealer.
hope that helps😊

Sounds like I foolishly accepted the dealer service offer of £6.85 a month for three years servicing Plan For my MG5 SR. Seems based on your first service cost to be three times the price. This Is my first EV and I was thinking of my ICE service costs at the time so it seemed quite reasonable compared to that.

Sounds like I foolishly accepted the dealer service offer of £6.85 a month for three years servicing Plan For my MG5 SR. Seems based on your first service cost to be three times the price. This Is my first EV and I was thinking of my ICE service costs at the time so it seemed quite reasonable compared to that.
The standard prices for the first 3 years are: 1st and 3rd year services, around £100, 2nd year service, around £200, total £400 ish. So your £250 is a bargain. The low mileage services are cheaper.

Absolutely fabulous price so shopping around does win the day. But there is one hell of a difference between this and around £150 quoted by others. The service pack costs over £6 a month so just does not make sense! Can you please let us know which MG dealership this was.

As for this low mileage service why wait a year, just have it done at 10k miles and get the cheap version? Or am I missing something here? Many thanks

Just took out a 15k mileage service plan for three years @ £11 pm. Well happy with that after getting out of our mercedes plan

Confused :~
Just been offered a service plan with the new car. 3 annual services at around 10k miles per year, total charge £381.20. Admittedly a good price compared to ICE or even my old Leaf

I only expect to do around 6-7000 miles per year so where does the £29.70 come in?

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom