First Service

Simondi

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Apologies if this has been asked before but I've not been successful in using the search function☹️

So our ZSEV will be due its first service next month and I wondered what software updates it should be having ( if any) and what the updates actually do?

Cheers chaps

Depends what it already has.

Think there was an update for the stereo system (although mine wasn't touched at the service) and there's also a BMS update that may or may not be done (again, wasn't touched on mine, but I was happy enough on the original software anyway).

I'm presuming that the car already is ok with things like charging whilst unlocked, and doesn't spend all day making bonging noises, or toot the horn when you leave the car.

Depends what it already has.

Think there was an update for the stereo system (although mine wasn't touched at the service) and there's also a BMS update that may or may not be done (again, wasn't touched on mine, but I was happy enough on the original software anyway).

I'm presuming that the car already is ok with things like charging whilst unlocked, and doesn't spend all day making bonging noises, or toot the horn when you leave the car.
Yeah, nae bongs and can charge unblocked.

You can ask your dealer this in advance of the service.
As long as they have your VIN, they can tell what needs to be done and what has already been done.

You can ask your dealer this in advance of the service.
As long as they have your VIN, they can tell what needs to be done and what has already been done.

That's how it should work, but in practice more than one source told me there's no central database which VIN has which software version already installed. They only find out by plugging in the service laptop that then compares installed versions vs available versions.

Yeah, nae bongs and can charge unblocked.

Just had my first service yesterday, I put it on charge for a few hours when I got back & it still has to be locked to charge :unsure: I was going to fully charge it to 100% to see if it's changed from 455v to 449v but I wont be using the car much over the Christmas period so don't want to leave it sat there with 100% charge, It will have to wait.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom