First timed PodPoint charge.

ging353

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
At last I finally got my first Scheduled charge on my PodPoint wall charger.
It was set to start at 0.30am this morning Thursday 29th April and finish at 04.30am to take advantage
of the cheaper tarriff. And Hooray it finally worked. I Woke up to a fully charged car.

Nice - there was a bit of a blip earlier this month when the Pod Point home chargers missed a scheduled charge (set 00.30 - 04.30 as well) for an unknown reason but they all seem to be back working as intended.

However, we discovered that if you look at the charger's light and see a solid green light (not a yellow light as it says in the new manual), it should work at the next scheduled charge time.

Cheers

Bloggsy

Just trying my first timed charge tonight
Set of for the octopus go timings as we're switching to Go shortly once our meter is changed next week.
Scheduled to start at 00:30
But actually started charging at 00:04 and still shows on yesterday's 5/5 charge record rather than today's 6/5

Anyone else had this ??

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210506-002554_Pod Point.jpg
    Screenshot_20210506-002554_Pod Point.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 108
Just trying my first timed charge tonight
Set of for the octopus go timings as we're switching to Go shortly once our meter is changed next week.
Scheduled to start at 00:30
But actually started charging at 00:04 and still shows on yesterday's 5/5 charge record rather than today's 6/5

Anyone else had this ??
Yes. I’ve reported this to podpoint on several occasions now and heard nothing back as yet. It’s a minor issue as timed charging seems to work fine now. The lag in start and end times is to do with the podpoint server setup.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom