First Year Service MGzs ev.

Hi Paulie68,
Many thanks for that, I knew it was mainly a visual check, but being quoted £131.98 for a First Service is a bit over the top !!. They say a Leopard never changes its spots, it seems Dealers are part of the same family, trying to con everyone out of their Hard Earned.

Hi Paulie68,
Many thanks for that, I knew it was mainly a visual check, but being quoted £131.98 for a First Service is a bit over the top !!. They say a Leopard never changes its spots, it seems Dealers are part of the same family, trying to con everyone out of their Hard Earned.
The going rate for the normal first service is about £95, that's what I paid. If you do a low mileage, there is also a low mileage alternative for a little less than half that.

Doesn't seem like much is included in 1st, 3rd or 5th year service...

service.JPG

From mg.co.uk/owners/service-and-roadside-assistance/mg-zs-ev/

As mentioned, apart from visual inspection, software updates, washer fluid... which should be free anyway.

So you have to pay just to get the warranty.

Servicing has been discussed quite extensively on here. I’m still of the view it’s a rip-off I’m afraid. There’s no need to service these cars every Year and the ‘free’ AA cover is another area where most manufacturers provide breakdown cover anyway in the first 3-4 years as part of the warranty anyway.

Thanks Guys,
For all the reply's, the Dealers in Doncaster who say that they service MG's don't? and the quote was from a Dealer who was at least a 70mile round trip. Guess I'll have to keep searching.

Thanks Guys,
For all the reply's, the Dealers in Doncaster who say that they service MG's don't? and the quote was from a Dealer who was at least a 70mile round trip. Guess I'll have to keep searching.
Have you considered Eric Stead in Sheffield? Or were they the one quoting the original price?

Doesn't seem like much is included in 1st, 3rd or 5th year service...

View attachment 4192

From mg.co.uk/owners/service-and-roadside-assistance/mg-zs-ev/

As mentioned, apart from visual inspection, software updates, washer fluid... which should be free anyway.

So you have to pay just to get the warranty.
I object to the brake fluid change at year 2, almost always unnecessary unless the car has seen extreme service. It just needs a 2 minute test via the reservoir, but they have to find something to screw us over with I suppose... :(

Here is what is done, get a copy of this service sheet on completion of your service.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-02-13-13-37-52-131_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-02-13-13-37-52-131_com.android.chrome.jpg
    223.2 KB · Views: 237
  • Screenshot_2021-02-13-13-38-01-596_com.android.chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_2021-02-13-13-38-01-596_com.android.chrome.jpg
    244 KB · Views: 233
The ZS EV is the wife's car and I've got a Skoda Enyaq (for those that don't know, it's also a fully electric car) and the Enyaq service interval's 2 years!

Cheers

Bloggsy

I object to the brake fluid change at year 2, almost always unnecessary unless the car has seen extreme service. It just needs a 2 minute test via the reservoir, but they have to find something to screw us over with I suppose... :(
Yep !.
Brake fluid replacement service intervals on VAG ICE / PHEV cars are as follows.
First replacement at 3 year, then EVERY 2 years there after !.
I would imagine that EV’s will be the same.
As you say, a quick sample check for moisture ( water ) content in the brake fluid and then defer or replace only if necessary is a more professional approach.
But there is no money in that you see.
Oh ……. And the A/C service fits nicely in between the brake fluid change !.
That’s a strange coincidence or good planning on behalf of VW don’t you think ?.
These items are NOT covered by any service plan either and are chargeable to the customer.
Come on you main dealers, keep the till ringing !.

Like when they tick the service sheet, to say they have checked the condition and pressures of the spare wheel, when the car has an inflation kit !.
This happened to a friend of mine when he asked the service manager why this box had been ticked on his car ?.
He told my friend, that if it had been ticked, it had been done !.
Then marched him out to the car and lifted the boot carpet.
"Oh ...... It must be under neath the car then".
Got down on his knees to check in his nice suit, in an attempt to prove my friend incorrect.
Then took off at speed towards the workshop.
Somebody was in for hard time, that's for sure.
There is somebody who knows his products alright ( NOT ).

I had my First Service done at Eric Stead Sheffield. Cost was £105.00. Only dissappointment was they did not apply the new January BMS Update I asked for as after a heated arguement with the Service Manager he told me it would only be done if MG sanctioned it. So I now have to wait until next March to get it put on my car.
If they don't do it then it will be going elsewhere.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom