First year service

Jaygee

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
My as is now a year old and due for a service having covered about 3000 miles or so.
I have 2 mg dealers in the area a new one which has taken on mg and with whom I have had previous good experiences with. Another one which has been with mg for sometime but don’t really trust them. The price I have been quoted is £95. I haven’t asked further afield but I think this is a lot of money for just looking over the car and putting it on a lift. I would prefer to go back to the dealer I bought the car from but that would be a 180 mile round trip. does this price seem reasonable or should I ask around?

I have seen £45 quoted on here for a low mileage first service. Going rates seem to be £45-£115 depending on what the dealer feels they can charge.

My as is now a year old and due for a service having covered about 3000 miles or so.
I have 2 mg dealers in the area a new one which has taken on mg and with whom I have had previous good experiences with. Another one which has been with mg for sometime but don’t really trust them. The price I have been quoted is £95. I haven’t asked further afield but I think this is a lot of money for just looking over the car and putting it on a lift. I would prefer to go back to the dealer I bought the car from but that would be a 180 mile round trip. does this price seem reasonable or should I ask around?
You also get another years AA Cover!

Sounds like you should be getting a low mileage service which should be around £40.

Have a read of this thread about the low mileage service plan (I know you're not on a service plan but it will help you to discuss with your garage)

Sounds like you should be getting a low mileage service which should be around £40.

Have a read of this thread about the low mileage service plan (I know you're not on a service plan but it will help you to discuss with your garage)

Thank you very much for this. It is very informative. I will be calling the mg service team to get a better price.

A family member has just had his ZS EV serviced last week.
The car is almost 12 months old and only covered less than 3,000 miles.
The dealer quoted just over £100 for the work.
I told him to mention the cheaper rate for low milage users.
He said they reduced the price by 50% but made a bit of a fuss.
I think he said he paid around £60 in the end ?.
Free bear and renewed the AA cover.
Book the car in, get the service done, then drop the bomb shell ;) !.
BOOM :eek:.

Just had an email fro the dealer to say my ZS EV is due for service soon. Email says £129!! Needless to say if that's the best they can do then I will be looking elsewhere!

However, has anyone got to the bottom of what they omit to do for the low mileage service?

I was looking at the details of the service plans on the MG website earlier, and the schedules they were quoting say the kick the tyres services are 1 & 3, with 2 being more involved, 4 having even more work, and 5 onwards being the biggies... prices are a bit inconsistent though...
20210912_175500.jpg

I took out a 4 year low mileage service plan. My 1st year service is £27.
Keep your eye on what’s actually done during the service. I have the low mileage service plan too and have been advised that if I want a corrosion check done at the service I'll need to pay for it as it’s not included

Charles Warner MG in Lincoln, first service booked for my 8000 mile ZS EV - quoted at £27. Service apparently consists of visual checks, and software updates (if necessary). Second and subsequent services quoted at £101 each.

Thanks for all the replies. On speaking to my local dealer again I managed to get the price down to £25 (from£95).
They haven’t mentioned anything about software updates so will need to see. Unsure about getting the BMS updated.

I have just signed up for the MG Service Plan at around £6 / Month I think the first year they quote around £30 then £110 for years 2 and 3. I have included details below:

MG Motor offers EV service plans from just £6 a month
Low mileage scheme up to 10k miles a year
Deal includes servicing by certified MG Technicians and additional 12 months’ breakdown cover
All MG EVs covered by brand’s famous 7-year warranty

In today’s world, £6 doesn’t go very far. A couple of take-out coffees, perhaps, or a drive-through burger meal.

But it could also pay for your car servicing and peace of mind – as MG is now offering its EV customers a full service plan from just £6 a month*.

Our mobile phones are paid monthly. Our favourite boxset streaming service is paid monthly. So why pay for your car’s servicing any differently?,” said MG’s Head of Aftersales, Harvey France. “Owners can now spread their running costs with our new pay monthly service plans from MG.

“Whilst our servicing has always been affordable, spreading the cost into easy monthly payments means you get peace of mind that your bills are covered, anywhere from two years up to five – it’s just another example of how EVs are driving down the cost of motoring as well as improving emissions.”

Taking advantage of the service plans means MG owners get their periodic maintenance alongside a full safety inspections by MG Certified Technicians, while each time the car is serviced by an MG Dealer, it is registered on MG’s Digital Service Record (DSR) system, which gives an additional 12 months MG Assistance (provided by the AA).

It’s the personal touch that makes the difference, though, and that’s why MG will also provide customers with their very own limited edition Morris the Bear as a thank you.

MG is also offering similar service plans on its petrol models, starting from £14 a month, while the offer isn’t just for new cars – Approved Used and privately purchased pre-owned MGs are also eligible. For more information, visit mg.co.uk/serviceplans

MG currently offers three plug-in models in the UK – the established MG ZS EV, the game-changing All New MG5 EV and MG HS Plug-in, all backed up by MG’s incredible 7-year warranty and fast-developing dealer network.

Last edited:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom