• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Fitted a short aftermarket aerial for £4.74

I wanna to change the aerial too, its to tall and every time touch the door of the garage when enter or get out.
Anybody tried any shark fin??? wich one could work?, as we have a very small gap from the back of the fin to boot door. i think is the best in stetics a carbon shark fin and its 3 € on aliexpress, but we have to know wich one works fine with the car.

I’m surprised no-one has mentioned that it will void your insurance as a modification.
What is it with you guys and insurance. The slightest modification will spur someone to bring up that it will void insurance. Do you have only crooked insurance companies in the UK?
1625318791088.jpeg

Has anybody found a suitable shark fin type? I've seen some in Aliexpress supposedly for the MG ZS EV, but looking at buyers' comments there were not suitable
I have a cover for the car and I have to unscrew the antenna every time I cover the car
Thanks

This possibly doesn't help at all, but this is the shark fin that comes with Australian models. Ali Express fins for MG ZS EVs are possibly these ones or similar. I note that we don't have digital radio in Australia, you you might lose the ability to listen to that if you use one of these. There are no numbers or logos that I could find, smooth all around. Please pardon the shocking dirt on my paintwork and fin.

Australian model shark fin sm.jpg

Fitted a short aerial to my ZS EV and still retain good DAB radio signal. Not bad for £4.74.

Unscrew old whip and fit adapter and screw in new antenna

Bought one of those after reading your post, DAB reception. OK. But radio won't scan for channels in FM and AM with it fitted, get message 'no signal'

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
What is it with you guys and insurance. The slightest modification will spur someone to bring up that it will void insurance. Do you have only crooked insurance companies in the UK?
View attachment 3868
no, we just have some very misinformed people... insurance companies have lists of "modifications" which need to be declared and I have never seen a radio antennae featured on any list from any company I have used... it is normally for performance modifications, or drastic body modifications that would make the car more attractive to thieves... and normally only applies to permanently fitted items. The only real benefit for declaring a visual modification is so that if you have an accident they will replace the modified part and not just put the standard part back on. People make it sound like UK insurance is a lot worse than it is, I mean, it is bad... but it's not that bad. I have also never heard of anyone having a claim denied because of an undeclared visual enhancement, and the same goes with an undeclared performance enhancement. Only time this would become a problem is if that undeclared modification was the actual cause of the damage or theft which was being claimed for...

I have many first-hand examples from my motorcycling days of claims/cover refused due to the addition of performance parts (pipes, brakes, turbos to name but a few). There was one case publicised in the motorcycling press some years ago where a claim was refused because the rider had changed the graphics on his tank! I don't recall how that panned out, but certainly in biking circles insurance companies will use the smallest detail to wriggle out of paying out. I don't tend to fettle cars/vans so much so don't have as much direct experience.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom