FL Infotainment

Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Am I right in thinking that the infotainment system in the FL is the same as what's in the MG4 Trophy? It certainly looks the same.

Reason for asking is that on the MG website tech specs for the 4, they mention "Live services (additional services include Weather, Live Traffic, Amazon Music)". The bit that appeals to me is Live Traffic but don't think that it's on the FL 5.

Yes, I could use AA for traffic but I'm one of the few fans of the OEM nav system ;)

Am I right in thinking that the infotainment system in the FL is the same as what's in the MG4 Trophy? It certainly looks the same.

Reason for asking is that on the MG website tech specs for the 4, they mention "Live services (additional services include Weather, Live Traffic, Amazon Music)". The bit that appeals to me is Live Traffic but don't think that it's on the FL 5.

Yes, I could use AA for traffic but I'm one of the few fans of the OEM nav system ;)
Yeah I haven’t been able to find a way to get live traffic on the Trophy :-(

I’m a little upset as this was something I was expecting, along with OTA upgrades. The dealer showed me the OTA upgrade option in the menu, but I’m told by folks on here that this only upgrades the infotainment system! As for live traffic, I like you read the blurb from the 4 and assumed on the 5 — it doesn’t actually say for the 5 that you can do it. I’d even pay for the capability, I far prefer using a built in sat nav and the one on the 5 is good, just missing live traffic…

Although the FL5 uses the same infotainment screen as the 4 and FLZS the features are different in each. My FL5 doesn't have WiFi, live traffic, weather, voice control or many of the other features available on the MG4

Hi Pebble, no I don’t think the FL5 does have it, I’m not sure the MG4 Trophy has it ether, but I do remember I think it was on a video that Miles Roberts did when he reviewed the FL ZS connect and it had Amazon music in there, as it had a sim card but I don’t recall traffic info, but I could be wrong.
I can’t even get my FL5 to connect to the app my wife’s 4 was no problem at all to connect and working.
I have used Waze I few times for traffic warnings its not perfect but sometimes it can be OK.
Here’s the video that Miles Roberts did around 18 months back, where he tells you about the system in the ZS Trophy Connect and how to get Amazon, about 6:30 minutes into it, but I’m not sure it will work the same in the FL MG5
Les.

Last edited:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom