Fog lights

Ro88ygh

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Anyone fitted the roewe in fog lights from aliexpress?
Screenshot_20211128-221708_Chrome.jpg

Pretty sure someone here has - spoke about it before I think. I fancy these but no way to activate other than connect to main beam. Unless an indicator stalk from a different region could be fitted and ECU/wiring configured

Piggy back them off the rear window heater fuse?

The indicators are wired up as you'd expect, the DRLs are wired to the main DRLs and the two fog/spots are wired to the main beam.

Couldn't be bothered to put new switches etc in for front fog.

Attachments

• PXL_20211129_154723522.MP.jpg
    PXL_20211129_154723522.MP.jpg
    937.1 KB · Views: 182
  • PXL_20211129_154733013.jpg
    PXL_20211129_154733013.jpg
    704.3 KB · Views: 191
The indicators are wired up as you'd expect, the DRLs are wired to the main DRLs and the two fog/spots are wired to the main beam.

Does the existing trim section just pop off or are these just over the top?

I was thinking the fog light could be wired to the rear fog light but finding that cable could be a pain depending on how/where the wiring loom runs.

Do they light up the floor on front corners? I find there's a dead spot when turning in the dark

These look like daylight running lights and not proper fog/driving lights. Most of these don't provide a proper illumination pattern and giving the side illumination that proper fog lights do. Perhaps someone can verify this.
There is an OEM version but the bulb doesn’t look anything special so light output may be limited

I’ve just looked at these lights to purchase and you have to buy everything separately lights,backings and chrome for each side they work out to about £123ish for the set
😃👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom