"fogging" of front windshield

VenumX

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
Hi ,

I have had a small accident with my EHS and they forgot to put back 5 screws in the front bumper.
The dealer fixed that with no issues.

But I have a different problem.

The EHS I have now , has a problem with the front windshield fogging up , but ONLY on the driver's side.
(Has nothing to do with the AC or me vaping inside the car, I ruled out all of it)

When I did a test drive with EHS from the dealer 2 years ago I remember asking the salesman who uses the car in private "do U vape inside of the car?" He says "I don't vape at all sir" , because I noticed a jig fogged up area on the Indshield drivers side.

Now 2 years later I am still having the fogging up , so I told another salesman and he took a look and said "u should clean with water and vinegar" but I have all my car detailing tools at home, including professional windshield degreasers from all brands (Meguiar's , turtle , armorall, chemical guys.....)

I said that to him and he said...."I drive the same EHS and I don't have a problem with my windshield" he takes his keys and leads me to his car , opens it and says"take a seat and look for yourself" so I did , I wiped the back of my finger horizontally over the middle.of the driver's side windshield and guess what.... He has the same problem but he didn't even notice! He stood there like 😯

Now my question is.....is someone else having the same problem ?
It's only DRIVER side front windshield..... Try doing the same I did.... Wipe the back of your finger (2nd knuckle) horizontally in the middle of your windshield and tell me if you see a clear line popping up.
You get even a better view by making sure sunlight is hitting the windshield.

Thanks Toby

Oh and BTW , I also mentioned that my car needs 3-4 seconds to shift from N to R or from N to D or any way you like it when temperatures got colder.(below 10©) They took notes and notified MG , things will get replaced, wich things I don't know yet.....

I've had a similar problem, when ever it's raining outside the windscreen fogs very easily and I have to use the specific windscreen demist function about every 2 minutes!

I thought at first it was due to having got in the car with wet clothes (soaked in the rain) but this week it's happened a lot. I got in the car on Thursday and on starting the car and vents, the windscreen immediately fogged.

I don't think it's exactly relatable to your issue, VenumX, but it's a recent issue that's been niggling me. Will be having a chat with local dealer soon

I've had a similar problem, when ever it's raining outside the windscreen fogs very easily and I have to use the specific windscreen demist function about every 2 minutes!

I thought at first it was due to having got in the car with wet clothes (soaked in the rain) but this week it's happened a lot. I got in the car on Thursday and on starting the car and vents, the windscreen immediately fogged.

I don't think it's exactly relatable to your issue, VenumX, but it's a recent issue that's been niggling me. Will be having a chat with local dealer soon
I have the same exact issue..... Never had it with any of my other cars.....

Whenever it gets below 13© and it's raining.....fogging up will 100% occur.

Same issue here.

I have the same exact issue..... Never had it with any of my other cars.....

Whenever it gets below 13© and it's raining.....fogging up will 100% occur.

Same issue here.
I have noticed the seal at the bottom of the windscreen (outside, below the pass side wiper) has lifted away from the glass. Related, perhaps? I'll update once I've been to the garage 👍🏼

Hi,

The issue is to do with the leather part of the dashboard;

In hot weather, it offgasses chemicles that end up on the windscreen.

Some have used dashboard covers that the claim solves this problem, however i stick to a occasionally using window wipes or microfibre + autoglym fastglass.

This problem is not related to the windscreen misting over, which is caused by misuse of the climate controls, usually to try and use EV mode in winter - To those in the thread, use Auto with the AC on then you will have no issues.

Hi,

The issue is to do with the leather part of the dashboard;

In hot weather, it offgasses chemicles that end up on the windscreen.

Some have used dashboard covers that the claim solves this problem, however i stick to a occasionally using window wipes or microfibre + autoglym fastglass.

This problem is not related to the windscreen misting over, which is caused by misuse of the climate controls, usually to try and use EV mode in winter - To those in the thread, use Auto with the AC on then you will have no issues.
I think you are right with the ofgassing of the leather part of the dashboard....that for me is the ONLY true explanation, I am gonna try and clean that leather when I get my car back from the dealer! Thanks

Never thought about that part Bering the issue.... 👍👍👍😃

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom