Folding door mirrors.

Iain

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi everyone, new member from very cold Inverness.
Can anyone suggest a method of preventing automatic folding of door mirrors on locking/unlocking.
The mirrors are frozen in place in the cold mornings and I am afraid that I will burn out the motors when unlocking the car.
I can see nothing in the manual to disable this feature.
My only thought would be to remove the fuse but I cannot see one specifically for the mirrors.
I have sprayed WD40 into the gap to drive out any water but would welcome any other ideas.

I think the Exclusive ZS EV doesn´t have this feature of disabling automatic folding of door mirrors!

Last edited:
You can manually fold the mirrors, but I don't think there's a way to stop them folding.
They do make a bit of an unpleasant noise when unlocking the car In the mornings now

Last edited:
I can see nothing in the manual to disable this feature.
Its on my Comfort 3 wish list:

Disable folding mirrors, possibly give the option of long lock press to fold mirrors.

Disable additional camera blocked bongs. I've been told about it once and accepted the warning I don't need to be told about it several times later over the next 30 minutes of driving.

With wipers switched on and reverse selected the rear wiper is permanently on, I'd much prefer just 1 sweep.

Front radar sensor, is it feasible to be used as a crude parking sensor

Thanks everyone. The frost guard looks to be a quality product and a better option than some of the cheap (and not very cheerful) screen protectors available.

@Iain I've just bought a set of the above form QVC, get an extra £5 off if you’re a new customer with code FIVE4U and if you use my referral code below we can both get £10 off orders over £25

@Iain Welcome from a fellow Invernessian. (White ZS)
Have I been waving to you? I have stopped now, before the restraining order was issued, but I've had nervous reciprocal waves from a Red ZS in the Telford Street area and a Black ZS near Culloden. :ROFLMAO:

Thanks for voucher Peter. Unfortunately I bought a set from Halfords. A single protector which also fits over door mirrors. I hope it works, if not the QVC one looks good.

Also hi to Dave. I will keep a lookout for you. I have noticed the red ZS at the UHI but not seen the driver. Can I ask where you bought yours?

@Iain

I went to Vic Young's in South Shields. I felt quite bad as I'd done all the homework with Mackie Motors in Brechin, but the car that I had ordered took forever to be delivered (not their fault). I saw online that Vic Young's were advertising cars in stock, so I gave them a call expecting to be added to a waiting list, but no, they asked me when I wanted to pick it up. Exactly the same white Exclusive that I had ordered.

So I transferred the order to them and picked it up the following week. Great customer service too, they kept me in the loop the whole time, and I have to say that Mackie's were very good about it too.

Because my son is in Edinburgh, I get my car updates and servicing done at Frasers of Falkirk, who have been very good too.

@Dave S good to know about Frasers. I’m due to pick up my exclusive from Vic Young’s next Friday and then return back to Lanark. I plan to use Frasers for servicing also.

Did you take out Frasers service plan and if so what kind of deal did you get 😉

@AussiePete
No, I'm just paying as I go for servicing etc. I think they're pretty reasonable, but I haven't had to get anything significant done yet.

I can recommend the cafe at the Falkirk Wheel for a coffee (10 minutes walk) or the Boardwalk for lunch ( 5 minutes walk) whilst you are getting your car serviced.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom