Follow me home not working

bryer

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Has anyone that's running a Mk2 found their follow me home lights have stopped working after they've had to disconnect the 12V battery to reset the system?

I just can't get mine to work since having to disconnect the 12V to get the mobile connection working on my Trophy Connect.

As a TCLR owner I should know what follow me home feature is all about!
….. what is it?
It's designed to leave the headlights on for a short time to allow you to get in your front door and see what you're doing.

I think I have mine set at 2 mins very handy to when I put the car on charge in the dark
Screenshot_20230511-015615.png

Has anyone that's running a Mk2 found their follow me home lights have stopped working after they've had to disconnect the 12V battery to reset the system?

I just can't get mine to work since having to disconnect the 12V to get the mobile connection working on my Trophy Connect.
Yep. Mine has blown 4 sets of head light bulbs. When the head lights are blown the follow me home lights turn off when I turn headlights on. Quite bazaar!
It’s booked in for diagnostic - 2 month wait for appointment. Great warranty!

Yep. Mine has blown 4 sets of head light bulbs. When the head lights are blown the follow me home lights turn off when I turn headlights on. Quite bazaar!
It’s booked in for diagnostic - 2 month wait for appointment. Great warranty!
:unsure: ??? The headlights are the follow me home lights.

Pull the lever 🙄
You mean I have to disable automatic headlight to enable this feature ? Or i have to pull the lever every time ? On my other cars I just had to lock the car and the lights would turn on for 1 minute. The little popup info doesn't say to pull the lever 🤔

Last edited:
You mean I have to disable automatic headlight to enable this feature ? Or i have to pull the lever every time ? On my other cars I just had to lock the car and the lights would turn on for 1 minute. The little popup info doesn't say to pull the lever 🤔
Yes you just flash main beam after you switch car off

Thank you. Too bad there is no way to change this behavior.
There are a lot of behaviours I'd like to change on the ZS.

Don't get me wrong, I love the car, but I just wish there was a "Developers App" where you could cutomise the defaults. Always come on in your favourite drive mode, set the default KERS level, and my pet hate, when I press the left button to show miles/kWh, it STAYS on miles/kWh and doesn't keep jumping back to a car between 2 lines.

Mini rant over. :)

my pet hate, when I press the left button to show miles/kWh, it STAYS on miles/kWh and doesn't keep jumping back to a car between 2 lines.
Strange mine stays fixed on what dashboard page you leave it on it temporarily will go back to first page if you go cross the white line then goes back to page it was left on

There are a lot of behaviours I'd like to change on the ZS.

Don't get me wrong, I love the car, but I just wish there was a "Developers App" where you could cutomise the defaults. Always come on in your favourite drive mode, set the default KERS level, and my pet hate, when I press the left button to show miles/kWh, it STAYS on miles/kWh and doesn't keep jumping back to a car between 2 lines.

Mini rant over. :)
I feel you. On my last Ford I could edit a lot of options with an obd adapter + a russian made app. Options usually charged by Ford.

The Carista app was great for changing the "dealer only" settings the Fords and Toyotas, they don't seem to cover the MG EVs yet.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom