Forward LCD display control panel - be afraid, be very afraid...

stoneyev

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
MG HS Hybrid: Recently my central display/control unit on my year old car started going blank, not dead, just blank. If tapped, it would come back on. In case it was an early warning I took my car to local dealer. They removed unit to be sent back to MG for repair etc. That was on 17th August. I kept own car until a week later when I was advised that MG would not be able to look at part until after 12th September..... Whilst my car was still running, I was unable to change the heating/cooling controls, plus...none of the emergency systems would work. My dealer kindly gave me a courtesy car, well two actually. The first was a petrol engined car - horrendous. Eventually they gave me a Hybrid car to use - great.

The unit posted to MG took some 4-5 days to arrive. It eventually arrived back at dealer late on Friday afternoon 23rd September and my car will be returned to me -hopefully - on Monday 26th September. That is some 40 odd days since fault first reported.

Thus, if you have parts to returned to MG please ask dealer exactly how long repair etc. will be, as I said...be afraid, be very afraid

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom