Found ZS Service Book Download

Is this the 1st time we have seen written down what's to be expected on a service?

Well I didn't get the 3k one to check battery for starters
And this may catch people out when it comes to battery warranty?

In order to maintain the performance of the high-voltage battery pack, the customer shall carry out equalizing charge
regularly (at least once a month), as detailed in the User Manual.

Does the BMS remember equalisation/balancing charge?

Just printed out on A5 paper. :)

20221210_150412.jpg

Here in OZ it's 24 months / 20k km . The service charge $$$ is $232.00 fixed. The first service at 1k km was FREE ... still have 14,000 km to go.

In order to maintain the performance of the high-voltage battery pack, the customer shall carry out equalizing charge
regularly (at least once a month), as detailed in the User Manual.
This is interesting ????.
Is it a blanket wash recommended instruction for both standard range & long range ZS EV Gen 2 facelift models here I assume ?.
As we know the standard range Trophy facelift has a chemical pack type that wants for a full 100% charge, each and every time you plug the car in.
It has no way to set the SOC other than to charge to 100% - regardless on user needs, okay let's go along with that charge to full battery theory, for the standard range model (y) for a second !.
The Trophy long range, with a completely different battery chemistry, offers the owner a sliding scale SOC level to choose what he / she requires to match up and coming journey type.
Suggesting charging up to 80% SOC for routine day to day trips and recommending 100% SOC for longer trips only.
Actively discouraging charging to 100% on a regular basis, to be kind to your HV battery.
This is seen as a good practise for this type of battery.
So, as we know battery balancing can only take place AFTER the battery has hit 100% SOC.
Therefore the policy of NOT charging to 100% SOC on the LR model, unless on a longer trip, sort of contradicts itself surely ?.
Question :- Should Trophy LR owners be flying in the face of MG's good practise and balancing their packs once a month or not is the 99 dollar question and why 🤷‍♂️??.

The regen unbalances the battery which makes sense short 100a DC bursts of current ?

This is interesting ????.
Is it a blanket wash recommended instruction for both standard range & long range ZS EV Gen 2 facelift models here I assume ?.
As we know the standard range Trophy facelift has a chemical pack type that wants for a full 100% charge, each and every time you plug the car in.
It has no way to set the SOC other than to charge to 100% - regardless on user needs, okay let's go along with that charge to full battery theory, for the standard range model (y) for a second !.
The Trophy long range, with a completely different battery chemistry, offers the owner a sliding scale SOC level to choose what he / she requires to match up and coming journey type.
Suggesting charging up to 80% SOC for routine day to day trips and recommending 100% SOC for longer trips only.
Actively discouraging charging to 100% on a regular basis, to be kind to your HV battery.
This is seen as a good practise for this type of battery.
So, as we know battery balancing can only take place AFTER the battery has hit 100% SOC.
Therefore the policy of NOT charging to 100% SOC on the LR model, unless on a longer trip, sort of contradicts itself surely ?.
Question :- Should Trophy LR owners be flying in the face of MG's good practise and balancing their packs once a month or not is the 99 dollar question and why 🤷‍♂️??.
Isn’t the battery a Lithium Iron Phosphate? Or are we talking the liquid to cool the battery? If we are, I’m backing away slowly, pretend I were never here.

LFP - Used on the standard range models, MG recommended that you charge to 100% each and every time you plug in, due to the battery chemistry type.
NMC - Used on the Long Range models, MG recommend that for day to day use, it is recommended that you charge to 80% SOC and then reserve charging to 100% SOC for the longer trips.
Charging to 100% SOC every single session, is less kind for long term health of the NMC battery chemistry.
A little more unclear is how you are to treat each different batteries chemistry’s with regards to carrying out the balance cycles ?.

Balancing is done the same way once charged to 100% keep plugged in overnight is the easiest forget about it way
just charging to 100% every day will still unbalance the cells like I said regen don't help

On the Gen 1 model, the second service was pretty much the same content as the first service, but they replaced the cabin filter I seem to remember ?.
Some owners had their brake fluid replaced also, but not us.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom