• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Frasers Falkirk - MG Dealer Discussion, Opinions & Experiences

I bought my ZS EV from Vic Young too, having originally test driven it at Mackie Motors in Brechin. Both were great, but to get my servicing etc done, it's easier for me to get to Falkirk and/or Edinburgh.

I've had my car in to Frasers workshop in Camelon twice now, purely for software updates etc. I think they are great. They do exactly what the say they're going to do, nothing is unpleasant surprise. But on my second visit, picking up my car almost fully charged was a pleasant surprise. Easy walk to the Falkirk Wheel for something to do too!

I like them and will trust them with my car from now on, despite them being not exactly on my doorstep - I'm in Inverness!! That's the only issue, though.

Hi Dave watched you on the podcast and enjoy your input - that was a long journey to purchase a ZS EV ! but bet you enjoyed the run home albeit nervous in case someone bumped into your precious new motor ..
How you going to manage services ? book into a hotel in Falkirk for the night...

Hi all. I havent actually got my MG 5 yet but deposit paid and hope to get it soon....supposed to be Jan but we will see. Customer service good so far but I had a few queries including the debate on root rails and still await a reply.

@Edoc16
Frasers of Falkirk have been really decent. What I do is book a 10.30/11.00 ish slot and drive down early in the morning. Before full lockdown, we would then go for a walk and then have lunch nearby. Frasers are usually done by 3.30/4.00 ish, then it's off back home.

If it is a full day job, my son lives in Edinburgh, so I get B&B there.

Just had a phone call from their boss David. All sales staff are now on furlough so that was the problem. My car has landed in UK...woo hoo. Should be mine in under 2 weeks and I have some £ incentives because of the roof rail issue..so far impressed by them.

@Edoc16
Frasers of Falkirk have been really decent. What I do is book a 10.30/11.00 ish slot and drive down early in the morning. Before full lockdown, we would then go for a walk and then have lunch nearby. Frasers are usually done by 3.30/4.00 ish, then it's off back home.

If it is a full day job, my son lives in Edinburgh, so I get B&B there.
So you get free board and lodgings !! :)

Frasers of Falkirk have been fantastic for us. I live in Aberdeen so it's a similar trek for me as it is for @Dave S, but I am willing to make that journey when necessary as I had a great experience buying the car, they made me feel comfortable and earned my trust / custom. Especially when I was buying a car immediately before the first lockdown happened (and received the car just as things were starting to ease slightly).

My first service is booked for July this year, so again as per Dave the plan is to drive down early and then make a day of it. Visit the Falkirk wheel, grab some lunch and hopefully also catching up with a friend who now lives there.

It takes me a full tank of electrons to make the trip, so hopefully I'll get some charge while the car is in the dealership, but either way I only need enough to get to the Falkirk stadium where the large charging park is (which I'll have to visit regardless just to check it out).

Frasers of Falkirk get a thumbs up from me.
SL20UUD.jpg

@jamesie
I too think that they're great. During my BMS reversal and recovery They were great and always ready with advice.
We should invite David Turner of Frasers along to the Falkirk get-together
That's not a bad shout! (y) I didn't realise this thread existed as I got the wife's ZS EV from them. They have a branch in Edinburgh (it's only for sales) but due to the staff being furloughed, they closed it down and had the sales manager, Wullie, work out of Falkirk, who dealt with us.

As with everyone else, I think(!), we had a good experience with them. Wullie was well versed with the procedure for buying the car using the interest free EST loan (only available for residents in Scotland, I'm afraid! ;))and sent of details / documents immediately when needed.

Dave Turner was equally fantastic and when he valued the wife's old diesel Qashqai, he found it was worth an extra £1000 to what I was expecting - that and the cracking deal he offered us is what sealed the deal for me and my wife to buy from them :cool:

However, I've just phoned them and, on the day of the meet, Dave's on holiday (heading northwards towards Fort William) and Wullie's on his day off. Dave was very grateful, and flattered, for the invite and will see if someone can pop along. If they can't make it for this meet, there's always the next one!

The wife bought the service plan with them, so we'll be coming up next April and it's good to know we'll be in safe hands with them for the next 4 years!

Cheers

Bloggsy

Yes we’ve had our ZS EV since last March and Fraser’s Falkirk have been very good. We only live a few miles away so using them was a no brainier and we were delighted with their trade in offer.

A massive thank you to everyone. The kind words are always appreciate to show that our family branch at Frasers of Falkirk are always doing the best we can to look after our customers and to support you all in the best way possible especially with all these rules and restrictions in place. I hope everyone is enjoying there MG EVs (I can’t leave my ZS EV alone). We look forward to seeing you for your purchases or servicing in the future.

kind regards

David Lewis (Frasers of Falkirk sales)

A massive thank you to everyone. The kind words are always appreciate to show that our family branch at Frasers of Falkirk are always doing the best we can to look after our customers and to support you all in the best way possible especially with all these rules and restrictions in place. I hope everyone is enjoying there MG EVs (I can’t leave my ZS EV alone). We look forward to seeing you for your purchases or servicing in the future.

kind regards

David Lewis (Frasers of Falkirk sales)
Hi David - a few of the Scottish members met up recently at Stirling and will be doing so again in the future. It'll be great if you, or someone else from the Branch, could pop in - I'm sure you'll have plenty of queries from us and any advice from you will be very welcome! :cool:

Cheers

Bloggsy

Hi David - a few of the Scottish members met up recently at Stirling and will be doing so again in the future. It'll be great if you, or someone else from the Branch, could pop in - I'm sure you'll have plenty of queries from us and any advice from you will be very welcome! :cool:

Cheers

Bloggsy
If I am free then I would be honoured when the time comes again. 😁 we really should have a Scottish MG club. When the infrastructure gets better up north we should do a Scottish NC500 run. Something I have been dying to do with other EV members in the future.

If I am free then I would be honoured when the time comes again. 😁 we really should have a Scottish MG club. When the infrastructure gets better up north we should do a Scottish NC500 run. Something I have been dying to do with other EV members in the future.
Sounds great! I think you'll get lots of takers! (y)

Cheers

Bloggsy

The MG Car Club has registers for SUVs and MG5 across the UK. If based in Scotland you are automatically part of the Caledonian Centre which operates meets and runs across Scotland.

There is also 'Scotlands MG & Rover Owners Club' on Facebook which I have always found very friendly and welcoming of modern MGs.

That being said I would happily support a Scottish MGEV owners club

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom