Free charging ?

Edoc16

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
Just saw this email from Charge Scotland...

mail

"Following on from Transport Scotland’s public announcement regarding SWARCO being named as the preferred bidder to operate the ChargePlace Scotland network, we wanted to ensure that drivers are kept fully briefed on the matters that mean most to them.

From July 2021, SWARCO will take over from Charge Your Car (CYC) as the back-office operator. An exact date for the switchover will be publicly announced in due course. The change of CPS operator will bring a range of benefits, such as:

• No annual membership fee – the annual £20 membership fee will be removed for all drivers.
  • Improved customer experience – in addition to an enhanced website with live map and 24/7 customer hotline, the new service supports improved fault reporting and offers drivers more up-to-date information on the status of charge points. Drivers will also have password protected access to detailed account information.
  • Mobile ready – a new, improved CPS mobile app will be available for drivers to download.
  • Innovation – the contract includes scope to explore new and innovative enhancements to the CPS service, such as interoperability and new payment methods such as pay-as-you-go (PAYG) and contactless pay where enabled by hosts/owners.
Transport Scotland, CYC and SWARCO will work together to ensure a smooth transition. Until the switchover in July, CYC will continue to be the CPS operator and therefore the service will very much be run business as usual. All faults and enquiries should be directed through the usual CPS channels.

Please keep visiting the ChargePlace Scotland Website, Facebook and Twitter pages for further updates and an FAQ document which will be published over the next week or so and will hopefully answer any questions you may have."

The 20 pound membership is being removed but.....will it cost x pence pkh to charge the car ?

Facebook

Oh well...it couldnt last for ever. Some Chargeplace Scotland chargers already charge so enjoy while you can

Prices for charging are set by the charger owners - who are mostly the local councils. SWARCO won’t be changing that.

Prices for charging are set by the charger owners - who are mostly the local councils. SWARCO won’t be changing that.
We've had a large charging site built in Stirling at the park and ride near the castle but cant finish off as the power company cant switch on due to covid issues ???
Hopefully will still remain free

I can’t wait until I can travel to Scotland and sample your beautiful country - and get some free juice!

I can’t wait until I can travel to Scotland and sample your beautiful country - and get some free juice!

Yeah - it'll be good for a forum meet up when everything eases.

The number of free rapid chargers are reducing (I only know of 3 free CCS in Edinburgh) but there's a growing number of 7Kw chargers (and a few 22Kw) that are free, and you also have to fight the taxi and delivery drivers, off! :rolleyes:

Cheers

Bloggsy

a couple near Livingston as well as rapid and free (for now) but you have to wait as both are linked to Chademo and when that is being used you cant use the CCS. I was stuck behind a black hack today so moved and was stuck behind a Tesla.

a couple near Livingston as well as rapid and free (for now) but you have to wait as both are linked to Chademo and when that is being used you cant use the CCS. I was stuck behind a black hack today so moved and was stuck behind a Tesla.

I was heading home from the M9 when I got the low battery warning, so dived into Edinburgh Airport where there's only 1 rapid charger but once all the flights have gone, the chargers were free!

I also need to try the Forth Road Bridge Visitors Centre - I've seen it but never used it.

Cheers

Bloggsy

I was heading home from the M9 when I got the low battery warning, so dived into Edinburgh Airport where there's only 1 rapid charger but once all the flights have gone, the chargers were free!

I also need to try the Forth Road Bridge Visitors Centre - I've seen it but never used it.

Cheers

Bloggsy
@bloggsy a wee comment.
Forum Meet, please look no further than Greater Manchester with our extensive GMEV/BeEV network which I believe our Mayor Mr B is keeping free till we(all the GM regions) are recovered from Covid. I am not sure where @Cocijo lives but I believe EV free charging in Facilities in the GMEV regions are the best in UK so Manchester is central location for whole UK so any forum meet should definitely be here.

Great. I’m in the Midlands but up to travel anywhere that’s considered good for a meet. 🙂

@bloggsy a wee comment.
Forum Meet, please look no further than Greater Manchester with our extensive GMEV/BeEV network which I believe our Mayor Mr B is keeping free till we(all the GM regions) are recovered from Covid. I am not sure where @Cocijo lives but I believe EV free charging in Facilities in the GMEV regions are the best in UK so Manchester is central location for whole UK so any forum meet should definitely be here.

Hi KasEV - Manchester sounds good for a national meet up when we're allowed to cross the border again (too many jokes available on this subject, so I won't start 'another' war! ;) ) but the Scottish members were also looking for a meet up as a few of us live in the Central belt.

So, for Scotland, we're now able to get out and about but 'stay local' - hopefully, not too long now!

Cheers

Bloggsy

Hi KasEV - Manchester sounds good for a national meet up when we're allowed to cross the border again (too many jokes available on this subject, so I won't start 'another' war! ;) ) but the Scottish members were also looking for a meet up as a few of us live in the Central belt.

So, for Scotland, we're now able to get out and about but 'stay local' - hopefully, not too long now!

Cheers

Bloggsy
Yes l forgot about Mr Covid "the Jailer" and the fact that we are all in defacto house arrest.
I am sure we can get Nicolas and Boris to do something about it soon. Apparently they are now on good talking terms and have been comparing notes on how to become one party state dictators. Boris prefers the Trump approach "lie about everything and lie again if you get caught out".. ... Nicolas prefers a blend of Putin and Merkel... "say the Truth about everything but make the people believe you are right even when you are wrong" ....
So we press on regardless promoting our EVs and hoping for the best.

Cheers

Bloggsy
Had a "legal" trip today via Aberfoyle over the Trossachs and down to Callandar...
"(FREEDOM)" and back home to Bannockburn - lovely jubbly

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom