Frequently Asked Questions

vivekp

Standard Member
Reaction score
I did not see a thread where FAQs are posted in one place. At the moment there are multiple threads with one or two posts which should come under FAQ. As a potential owner of MG in the next few days I have few questions hence starting this thread. Shoot it down if not appropriate.

OK first of many questions, which charge point is preferred.

I am interested in smart charging, tethered option.
it is coming down to Zappi or pod point anyone with experience or does it depend on installer.

I am looking at getting and EO, through Octopus EV. They seem to have all the features the others have. and look really smart.

Does the car autolock when you move away?
I did not see it locking .
It is a completely different experience to go back to driving diesel BMW after this car.

yes....you can double check, if you push the lock button and it is locked it is almost silent...

Hi,
There is a beep sound sometimes on the motorway. It is not the lane departure warning or speed limit tone, this is a warning beep. Been trying but can't seem to figure out, whether it is if you are not holding the steering with both hands for long or something else.
Thanks

OK first of many questions, which charge point is preferred.

I am interested in smart charging, tethered option.
it is coming down to Zappi or pod point anyone with experience or does it depend on installer.
We got a Wallbox pulsar installed last week, looks, works great. The app seems good. The installer was pretty prompt as well.

We got a Wallbox pulsar installed last week, looks, works great. The app seems good. The installer was pretty prompt as well.
what was the cost? did it need hiding cables inside the house? picture if you are happy share please

Mine was free, (from Pod Point..Good App) as I was one of the first 1,000.....but even so, they warned me that it could cost extra, depending on the length of the route taken. It is an extended sprawling bungalow, with the main power input, inconveniently position as far from the garage as you could get!

Before they saw the job, I had to pay £188 up front..which was later refunded, as they decided it could come direct from the garages own fuse board.

It does require a little thought...you will have to live with it and its wiring for a long time!

what was the cost? did it need hiding cables inside the house? picture if you are happy share please
Its a tethered connection. Many charging units need an earthing rod placed. We did not need it as this one has it built in. We have a paved driveway so would not have preferred someone digging out the driveway. cost 560, with the grant.

Attachments

• IMG_20200627_105748.jpg
    IMG_20200627_105748.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 118
Mine was free, (from Pod Point..Good App) as I was one of the first 1,000.....but even so, they warned me that it could cost extra, depending on the length of the route taken. It is an extended sprawling bungalow, with the main power input, inconveniently position as far from the garage as you could get!

Before they saw the job, I had to pay £188 up front..which was later refunded, as they decided it could come direct from the garages own fuse board.

It does require a little thought...you will have to live with it and its wiring for a long time!
I paid 300 for pod point lucky you

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom