From Nissan Leaf to MG5

Ricardo

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
Hi all, just wondered if anyone has changed to the MG5 from a Leaf, we've got a Tekna on lease until October & thinking of buying a new Trophy when it goes back. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks Richard.

I have used my son's LEAF and I have an MG5 Exclusive. I like the MG5 more but would quite like the 360 camera system of the LEAF. The e pedal I can do without!

I have used my son's LEAF and I have an MG5 Exclusive. I like the MG5 more but would quite like the 360 camera system of the LEAF. The e pedal I can do without!
Thanks, good to know you prefer the MG. We don't really use the camera much anyway, I prefer to use the mirrors, although I think the Trophy does have the 360 camera

Thanks, good to know you prefer the MG. We don't really use the camera much anyway, I prefer to use the mirrors, although I think the Trophy does have the 360 camera
The Trophy definitely has the 360 cameras. Its not an easy car to see out of when reversing so I use them quite a lot.

Hi all, just wondered if anyone has changed to the MG5 from a Leaf, we've got a Tekna on lease until October & thinking of buying a new Trophy when it goes back. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks Richard.
Yes I did in late 2021.

I had a 40kW Tekna in black and now a MG5 LR in blue.

I got fed up with the LEAF. Small boot, CHAdeMO charging, all sorts of battery issues with it overheating on long trips that limited it realistically to 300 miles a day, 400 if you were ok to have a 4 hour lunch on a T2. Problems with drive shafts & infotainment system.

The MG5 is SO much better. Loads a space, long range, longer your trip = faster it charges and has a much higher reliability rating.

What do I miss on the LEAF? App (even though it was crap), charging lights and pre-heat but all that's on the MG5 v2.

Yesterday I did a 200m round trip in awful weather at motorway speeds, got back with 7%. Drove across Europe, 3500 miles last summer, 625m in one day. The MG5 loves to travel. This just doesn't work in any LEAF.

I had a 30Kwh leaf Tekna for a little while and went to a pre-facelift 5, The camera system and an app are about the only things I miss.

I drove a leaf for a short while and apart from the cabin and charging, the main difference I found was the MG5 was a lot nippier accellerating.

Thanks for the replies. We've not had any problems with the Leaf, yet! It does have some annoying niggles though. Good to read positive comments about the 5.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom