From where to get HS PHEV spare parts ?

ElvCrys

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
If I ever need some minor spare parts such as shock absorbers or ball joint, tie rod or any other steering subassembly, brakes disks or pads how I could get hold of them and from where? Have you encountered this situation before?

As I notice I can't find any spare parts for my car in the UK at online shops, which worries me.

Are you saying your dealer can't obtain them either?
Exactly. My dealer informed me that unfortunately any part I want to order I will have to wait a long long time that even they can't estimate.. it seems like a crime , it not possible to sell a car without have it basic parts for customers available soon in this country
In case the inspector MOT ever tell me that I need to change any parts , I will be stuck with the car for months, on the condition that I work as a taxi driver with contracts to respect.

Upvote 0
Generally basic service items will be available off the shelf from the dealers, because otherwise routine servicing would be very difficult to accomplish by the dealer.
However any items that are MG supply parts only, could involve a long wait time.
This is not just for the HS PHEV it includes some MG parts for the ZS EV model.
Currently there is no third party companies that I can find, that can supply basic replacement brake disc’s for the ZS EV.
MG dealer only and likely to be costly ??.
We had a four week wait time on a rear brake calliper and handbrake motor that failed on our Gen 1 ZS EV.
It’s a long drawn out process for ordering replacement parts TBH.
The car has to be booked into the dealers first, then when the fault is diagnosed, the dealer has to wait for MG to authorise the ordering of said parts.
This must be extremely frustrating for both the dealers and the customers alike !.

Upvote 0
Generally basic service items will be available off the shelf from the dealers, because otherwise routine servicing would be very difficult to accomplish by the dealer.
However any items that are MG supply parts only, could involve a long wait time.
This is not just for the HS PHEV it includes some MG parts for the ZS EV model.
Currently there is no third party companies that I can find, that can supply basic replacement brake disc’s for the ZS EV.
MG dealer only and likely to be costly ??.
We had a four week wait time on a rear brake calliper and handbrake motor that failed on our Gen 1 ZS EV.
It’s a long drawn out process for ordering replacement parts TBH.
The car has to be booked into the dealers first, then when the fault is diagnosed, the dealer has to wait for MG to authorise the ordering of said parts.
This must be extremely frustrating for both the dealers and the customers alike !.
I had a small crash with my MG HS PHEV and it’s been two months and I still don’t have an estimated delivery date for the parts. The dealer told me that it could take many months for MG to send the missing parts. If I had know this before purchasing this I wouldn’t have bought it. Two months without the car due to parts not shipping is unacceptable.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I had a small crash with my MG HS PHEV and it’s been two months and I still don’t have an estimated delivery date for the parts. The dealer told me that it could take many months for MG to send the missing parts. If I had know this before purchasing this I wouldn’t have bought it. Two months without the car due to parts not shipping is unacceptable.
I really do feel your pain.
Body panel part wait times are stupid slow !.
We are measuring in months instead of weeks here.
I always drive my car with extra caution, just knowing how bad the wait times are on parts.
NOW I know where the U.K. expression :- "The Slow Boat From China" actually comes from !.

Upvote 0
Those are for MG Rover ZS's
1686945290459.png

Upvote 0
If I ever need some minor spare parts such as shock absorbers or ball joint, tie rod or any other steering subassembly, brakes disks or pads how I could get hold of them and from where? Have you encountered this situation before?

As I notice I can't find any spare parts for my car in the UK at online shops, which worries me.
@ElvCrys After some more research, I have managed to find out that the spares company "Borg & Beck" and retailing replacement front bake disc's for the MG HS PHEV.
I thought you would like to know !.
Here is a recent video showing them being installed to a HS PHEV by the owner.
His car has only covered 8,000 miles and the disc's are warped.

Upvote 0
He should have measured the runout. It's extremely unlikely his discs are warped.
In the video he explains how and why he was experiencing a vibration under braking.
Prior to this he had no problems.
There was a high spot on the O/S disc as when spinning the disc by hand, you could feel the pads binding.
A run out gauge would have proved it 100% for sure you are totally correct.
At the end of the video he said that he has road tested the car and the brake shudder / vibration has gone.
Unfortunately for this guy, the following week his shed / workshop burnt down and all of his on going projects and tools were lost to an electrical fire while he was out walking his dog.
The car was parked on the pavement outside and the fire spread to the car and it’s a total loss also !.
The fire service was able to get the blaze under control before it hit the traction battery I think.
The fire started in a strip light in the shed.

IMG_0172.jpg

Upvote 0
We’ve had exactly the same problem. A minor crash and MG HS been in garage for 2 months with no sign of the required parts

Upvote 0
It's not just MG I'm afraid. A friend of mine had his Skoda Karoq tailgate written off while his garage was test driving his car! He waited 3 months for a replacement and it was only coming from the Czech Republic. That was a while back but well after COVID. In fact at the same time they couldn't supply new cars because of the chip shortage and so they should have had lots of tailgates laying around the factory for cars that they couldn't build!!!

Car companies are letting their customers down. Minimising inventory, extending repair times and thus increasing insurance premiums.

That said, MG sales are booming and they should put some money where their mouths are and invest in their UK/European parts supply chain.

Upvote 0
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom