Front Camera Blocked

Esi

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hi
My car shows this message on display. I have cleared the sensor under the front number plate but the message is displaying every few minutes!!
Is there a front camera? If so where would I find it ?

Yes it’s the camera within the top part of the windscreen, sometimes when you get a massive change in temperature it can mist up on the inside, but it will clear if you put your heating and fans on.. also check the outside is actually clear too...

Most dark cold or wet mornings this shows on mine but it goes after a bit of driving with heaters on .nothing to worry about unless you are not using cruise control or MG pilot.

I am thinking to get windows tinted including front windscreen ,70% light thru is allowed.
Would i affect the camera or radar?
I wouldn't have thought so but just confirming.

Hi AbuG,
I would suggest you ask tinting provider to supply you with a piece of tinted material (glass or Perspex) at the correct tint and place it over the camera just to make sure it is OK before you have the windscreen tinted.
Iain

Hi AbuG,
I would suggest you ask tinting provider to supply you with a piece of tinted material (glass or Perspex) at the correct tint and place it over the camera just to make sure it is OK before you have the windscreen tinted.
Iain
Tinting is done on the inside and therefore it’s unlikely they will remove the inside cover that houses the camera..

I am thinking to get windows tinted including front windscreen ,70% light thru is allowed.
I think you should check out the legal side before going ahead !.
It is totally against the law to tint the front windscreen of ANY road going car in the U.K.
The front side windows are also a border line case also.
It is perfectly legal to tint the rear windows and rear windscreen to any shade of tint you desire.
Tinting of any glass is seen as a modification and you should check with your insurance provider.
It could invalidate the T&C's of your policy.

I think you should check out the legal side before going ahead !.
It is totally against the law to tint the front windscreen of ANY road going car in the U.K.
The front side windows are also a border line case also.
It is perfectly legal to tint the rear windows and rear windscreen to any shade of tint you desire.
Tinting of any glass is seen as a modification and you should check with your insurance provider.
It could invalidate the T&C's of your policy.
Vehicles first used on 1 April 1985 or later

The front windscreen must let at least 75% of light through and the front side windows must let at least 70% of light through.

https://www.gov.uk/tinted-vehicle-window-rules

Kindly check facts before posting as it's not totally against the law as you stated.

Cars registered after 1/4/85 must 75% light thro the windscreen and 70% thro the front side windows.

My last Mercedes was tinted at the front windscreen makes a lot of difference.. makes the front sides look darker too. The ZS screen is no where near that... Never got pulled up by Birmingham police (notorious for ripping off tints and fining) in the 7 years of driving it.

Edit
Because it makes the fronts sides look darker...other people get darker fronts (without windscreen) thinking others are doing it, so should be ok to get away with it .. but they don't..cops pull them up usually within a few days of getting them
IMG_20210123_223416.jpg

Last edited:
Vehicles first used on 1 April 1985 or later

The front windscreen must let at least 75% of light through and the front side windows must let at least 70% of light through.

https://www.gov.uk/tinted-vehicle-window-rules

Kindly check facts before posting as it's not totally against the law as you stated.
The glass fitted in the ZS EV is seen by some people to be totally NON tinted.
However clear glass by it pure nature of manufacture is NOT totally clear and therefore fully transparent.
Tinting the front screen may therefore not totally against the law, that is true.
But when adding any grade of film to the glass is very likely to push it past the permitted limit.
Any decent tinting company with be able to measure the transparency of your glass first.
I personal know of no tinting company that would consider / recommend a front windscreen tint of any level.
At night time the darkness of the tint is much stronger and in poor weather conditions your visibility is even more greatly reduced.
I only advise friendly caution, what you decide is your choice and your choice only !.
Car insurance companies can be very windy on this subject.
I have just taken this from the Q&A pages of a local tinting company who has been offering training and tinting services for over 20 years.

And he writes :-

CAN YOU TINT ALL THE WINDOWS?

By Law we can't tint the windscreen, and we will not tint anything darker than 70% on the front windows. If anyone has any difficulties or questions, don't hesitate to get in touch with us. The current regulations can be viewed at VOSA.

Last edited:
Starting to miss my old car after seeing the photos. Gorgeous body. But other internals were dying.

Was lovely and glass was very tinted for the 7 years I had it. ( compare with neighbours van doesn't have windscreen tinted)
Never pulled up for the windows. Pulled up for.being quick of the mark and then found to have no seatbelts on. And their usual tyre check.

IMG_20210108_134713.jpg

Last edited:
The radar sensor is below the front number plate. The tinting is applied to the inside and I doubt of the installer will need to remove the module that contains the camera (also the windscreen looks to be quite tinted in this area anyway).

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom