Front parking sensors

TrevH

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
Had my new HS Plug in Trophy that I was told in dealer was top of the range with all the bells and whistles! But it seems there is no front parking sensors and the 360 cameras have to be manually switched on that is not helpful when parking front on!
To be honest the dealer was pretty clueless this car . Is this correct or am I missing something that needs setting? Cannot believe that a brand new model does not have a simple front parking sensor that every car I have owned has had?
Also if there is a 360 camera why is there no facility on the display scree to plug in a simple sim to record??
Anyone with any ideas?
Cheers
Trevor

There nothing to switch on you have the switch for the 360 camera which is a manual switch to help in parking you will not have sunroof but i think you have the electric tail gate. You also get a more up to date information screen which is better than my one.

Upvote 0
Thanks , no sun roof. Seems stupid that you have to stop and manually switch to 360 before you park? Wonder if the onboard computer can be re programmed?

Upvote 0
Of course you have to stop then switch on the 360 cameras you do not want then coming on at the wrong time, the rear view one comes on when you select reaves, can see why you need them until need them.

Upvote 0
At low speed when approaching a static object like a wall or post a sensor should warn you like on any other car, if you have a 360 camera what is the problem with this doing the same especially when no front parking sensor is included on this so called top of the range vehicle?

Upvote 0
Did you read the specs yourself.
Unfortunately we were sold it by the dealer who assured us it had every bell and whistle! Didn’t disbelieve him as I have never bought a new car without front and rear parking sensors as standard.

Upvote 0
you did not read the specs and if you did you would see that there are no front sensors, should take what a sales person says always do you home work.

Upvote 0
At low speed when approaching a static object like a wall or post a sensor should warn you like on any other car, if you have a 360 camera what is the problem with this doing the same especially when no front parking sensor is included on this so called top of the range vehicle?
I totally agree. Have this as a company car and am amazed that it doesn’t have standard, audible front sensors.??
Most cars of any spec have this as standard now. The HS has a 360 camera, but no front sensor🤷‍♂️

Upvote 0
I can't see why, with a bit of technical now how, retro fit sensors could not be fitted and when sensor is activated it could turn on the already installed 360 camera?
I have tried to contact MG Tec in Uk to discuss this but have been told to join an MG tec support site and pay for answers ? £27 for a question or £3000 a year for technical support??? On a brand new car purchased from a main dealer . Yea right!

Upvote 0
I was disappointed that my new MG4 XPower which is theoretically top of the range doesn't have front sensors. It's certainly made parallel parking more challenging.

Upvote 0
Thanks , no sun roof. Seems stupid that you have to stop and manually switch to 360 before you park? Wonder if the onboard computer can be re programmed?
On the MG4 the 360 camera turned on with reverse gear and turned off as soon as D was engaged. With the latest software update, the 360 camera is finally activated with reverse gear and remains active for the entire manoeuvre, automatically switching to view front when entering D.

Upvote 0
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom