Front Parking Sensors

pinklady

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi mg zs owners
We have have our brand new car about a month now and front parking sensors are not working any ideas have turned them off maybe
Any thoughts
Thank you

If you switch on both lines on 360 it's very useful for parking and and working out the distance of things

It has of course got the radar sensor, which is responsible for slamming the anchors on in an emergency! I've not tried it when parking though! I 'think' it is only activated above a certain speed.

Off the top of my head when you have 360 cam on there is a cog ⚙️ think top right can't quite remember that will take you to setting there are to line options one is for distance and is green amber and red the other is blue and this moves as you turn your steering wheel gives you an idea where you end up I keep both on as I said very handy
If you can't find it I can take some pics or little video

Thanks N2STY, I have owned mine for 3 years and knew nothing of that! In fact I still don’t because I don’t know how to get to the correct screen to start. As I’m due an MOT in January I can ask the dealer then….

Hi all, took delivery of our ZS EV Trophy on the 20th. We love it, but are curious about a couple of eccentricities with the car and wondered if they were normal, or shouldn't be that way!

1) the rear windscreen wiper has a mind of its own and often stops in the middle of the windscreen at the end of its cycle. One out of every three or four times its ends up horizontal!

2) when parking fowards the front cameras do not come on automatically. You have to either stop and manually turn them on, or disengage and re-engage Drive and they suddenly work! They also come on automatically when you turn on the car, before selecting reverse! Seems odd.

Otherwise all seems to work as it should.

All thoughts welcome please. 😁

Hi all, took delivery of our ZS EV Trophy on the 20th. We love it, but are curious about a couple of eccentricities with the car and wondered if they were normal, or shouldn't be that way!

1) the rear windscreen wiper has a mind of its own and often stops in the middle of the windscreen at the end of its cycle. One out of every three or four times its ends up horizontal!

2) when parking fowards the front cameras do not come on automatically. You have to either stop and manually turn them on, or disengage and re-engage Drive and they suddenly work! They also come on automatically when you turn on the car, before selecting reverse! Seems odd.

Otherwise all seems to work as it should.

All thoughts welcome please. 😁
Hi Bobster, congratulations on getting your car.

That rear wiper sounds as though it needs looking at, as it should park horizontally.

For forward parking, if you use the turn indicator, I think that activates the 360 camera view (I'm nor sure now. I'll have to go and try it), or you can put the 360 camera on the star button on the steering wheel (which is what I've done). :)

Hi Gadget Geek
It obviously pays to be a gadget geek! - could you please explain how you put the 360 camera on the star button? Personally I did not know there was a 360 camera until recently. let alone how to make it operate. Any help gratefully received.

Hi Gadget Geek
It obviously pays to be a gadget geek! - could you please explain how you put the 360 camera on the star button? Personally I did not know there was a 360 camera until recently. let alone how to make it operate. Any help gratefully received.
The 360 camera is available at the bottom of the home screen, and if you swipe left and select vehicle, in "Convenience" you will find the options to select a function for the star button. :)

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom